+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long will it take? .......please any idea?

Jan 21, 2010
-April 2007 we filed our in-land sponsoship case in

- October 2007 was transferred to local office

-June 2009 received letter from local office (almost after 1 yr and 8 months of transfer date ) asking to submit pay stubs, passport copies, bank statements , bills etc

-August 2009 received letter "it has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status......however a final decision will not be made until all the remaining requirements of becoming permanent resident have been met.."

- August 2009 (again) received letter asking to do medical exam for second time (1st one was when i submitted app in Apr 07) , plus fingerprints for back ground check, and "right to be permanent residence fee "

i already sent everything .. i called immigration call center 1888 242 2100
they said everything is fine and medical was received, they have everything they need, just awaiting security clearance

(i was also in USA - FBI and Police checks are clear(this was at beginning after we filed for In-land sponsorship although they ve asked me to send in original papers i received from that clearance)

(could they be doing check from back home in Pakistan? eventhough i was only 12 when i left and havent been back)

how long it takes for security check??? (at scarborough office)

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stewie Griffin said:
(could they be doing check from back home in Pakistan? eventhough i was only 12 when i left and havent been back)
I believe, you needed to be over 18 years when you lived in Pakistan for security check..

Jan 21, 2010
cool thanks ..its just a "normal" delay i guess

CIC asked me provide original police clearance certificate from FBI and mail it within 30 days