+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How LONG now!?!?

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've Finally submitted ALL additional documents CIC requested (Medical, FBI clearance that took forever to get, my home country police clearance etc)....So How Long until we Hear from them now?? What comes next?? Landing interview letter?? Tx!

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
I think this depends on what the rest of your info is. Are you outland? Inland? What country? Visa excluded or not?

From my group (outland, America, May 2015 applicants) I've been seeing a fair amount of decisions made from people who were from the October 23 batch Email for additional documents. But I'm sure lots of people who have a DM are the ones to speak up, where people without the DM won't say much yet. I also see people from March and April getting a lot of DM's even though they were from earlier batch email groups. I think it's kind of hard to tell! It could be in a few weeks... but it could also be more than three months.

I wish it wasn't so up in the air! It can be so trying to have such an important decision in your life be up in the air in someone else's hands! Ugh!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
In a month or so you should get an AOR email. In about 60-70 days you'll get your SA. After that it's anybody's guess, it depends on your VO, your particular application, and the officer you happen to get.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Aquakitty said:
In a month or so you should get an AOR email. In about 60-70 days you'll get your SA. After that it's anybody's guess, it depends on your VO, your particular application, and the officer you happen to get.
VioletBlue applied inland (and quite a while ago if I'm not mistaken). They have SA and AIP already.

I'd imagine the next step is the landing interview, but I don't know how long that will take. Sorry!

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes! You are correct...I have AOR and SA..then after that they asked for medical....police clearance etc....so I've Finally sent ALL document they asked for....And I am Inland. So just wondering aproximately how long it takes them to send next E-mail...most likely few Months I'm thinking?

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Same boat here, January 2014 applicant................ My guess is 3 months?

I'm wondering why yours and mine are taking forever when mid 2014 applicants are landing left right and centre. Any red flags on your end?

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nope...as far as I know...but I took me awhile to get all documents...like FBI....I had to travel to Ottawa from.BC to agety passport....my country police clearance took awhile...so that's why...but I finally sent them Everything so I don't know how long....

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
VioletBlue said:
Yes! You are correct...I have AOR and SA..then after that they asked for medical....police clearance etc....so I've Finally sent ALL document they asked for....And I am Inland. So just wondering aproximately how long it takes them to send next E-mail...most likely few Months I'm thinking?
I saw people were getting their DM and landing within a month after the documents were sent. But for me it had already been 2 months after they received additional docs and nothing.

In general I've heard something about 1 to 3 months waiting time after SA.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VioletBlue said:
Nope...as far as I know...but I took me awhile to get all documents...like FBI....I had to travel to Ottawa from.BC to agety passport....my country police clearance took awhile...so that's why...but I finally sent them Everything so I don't know how long....
Um...I think the CBSA issues have definitely impacted your processing time. How's it going with `them'?

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oooh riiiight!! Hahaha totally Forgot about THEM...Haven't heard from them since I let them know my application started processing...they said "that's a very good news for you and your family! Good luck"... And never heard anything since

Ponga said:
Um...I think the CBSA issues have definitely impacted your processing time. How's it going with `them'?

mariahvais

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
ok from my experience and what i read it works like this

you are given a date where the documents have to be submitted by for me it was two months later
i submitted all my documents in the first two weeks and exactly one month and 3 days later i got a passport request

so what i've read from previous years it works like this

they go through your application and decide if you are eligible or not they make sure all documents are up to date and ect ect nothing is missing, if there is missing docs then they send you the additional documents request and put your file away for a specific period of time (two weeks to one month) and when that time comes up (like they get a notification on the computer to return to your application) they re open your folder and check if all your documents have been received and if so proceed with your application, if not they close it again until the next time
so that means they check your app every two weeks or one month i'm assuming you were given 2 months to send all your docs so depending on how long it took you to submit them (one month past the date of the request for them you will probably have to wait until your final date) but if you sent them all in pretty fast, less then one month from your request date you should get some info pretty soon

get it? LOL :p

thats what i've read and experienced all offices are obviously different, good luck

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
mariahvais said:
ok from my experience and what i read it works like this

you are given a date where the documents have to be submitted by for me it was two months later
i submitted all my documents in the first two weeks and exactly one month and 3 days later i got a passport request

so what i've read from previous years it works like this

they go through your application and decide if you are eligible or not they make sure all documents are up to date and ect ect nothing is missing, if there is missing docs then they send you the additional documents request and put your file away for a specific period of time (two weeks to one month) and when that time comes up (like they get a notification on the computer to return to your application) they re open your folder and check if all your documents have been received and if so proceed with your application, if not they close it again until the next time
so that means they check your app every two weeks or one month i'm assuming you were given 2 months to send all your docs so depending on how long it took you to submit them (one month past the date of the request for them you will probably have to wait until your final date) but if you sent them all in pretty fast, less then one month from your request date you should get some info pretty soon

get it? LOL :p

thats what i've read and experienced all offices are obviously different, good luck
This is amazingly helpful and exactly what I needed to hear. I'm in a similar boat and have sent in additional documents. I sent them in before the request, so it may be another week before I hear anything at the earliest I guess, but at least I feel like I have some idea of what to expect now. Thank you. I'm glad it's not exactly 60 days (the time I was given) and could be sooner possibly.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
I like your theory way better, but I've been told by the MP they open your file every three months..... :-\

Which I hate to say is kind of spot on with my timeline.

June they asked me for additional info.
September they asked me to redo my medical.
By that logic I should hear from them again Dec/January but I'm sure they are all enjoying the holidays a little too much to follow the assigned timeline. :'(