+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long must the passport be valid?

SaminehBagheri

Jun 23, 2016
Hello everyone,

I should apply for a visitor visa for canda in order to attend to a conference there. The conference is on 25th to 3rd of August. My passport is valid for that duration of time but it finishes on mid of december (so less than 6 months). I don't know what is the minimum amount of months my passport must be valid in order to be eligible for applying for the canadian visitor Visa.

I could also not find this inform ation on the official website. I hope there is someone who can help me with this.
Many thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone,

I should apply for a visitor visa for canda in order to attend to a conference there. The conference is on 25th to 3rd of August. My passport is valid for that duration of time but it finishes on mid of december (so less than 6 months). I don't know what is the minimum amount of months my passport must be valid in order to be eligible for applying for the canadian visitor Visa.

I could also not find this inform ation on the official website. I hope there is someone who can help me with this.
Many thanks in advance
Hi

There is no minimum passport validity requirement.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello everyone,

Many thanks in advance
It is best if you get a new passport before you apply for a TRV