+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long it takes to have the first answer for visa extention?

manitsa

Mar 16, 2017
Hello, my name is Emmanouela.
I applied for a permanent residence as s spouse, of a Canadian citizen, living in Quebec.
The application I send includes :the application for sponsorship, the application for extending my visa and the application for open work permit.
I send the application on 5 of March and on the 10th the post office informed me that the envelope was delivered.I tried to link my application online but the system couldn't find it.I keep trying all week but nothing. Plus I haven't receive any e mail of them yet.
I have 3 questions
1.Do you know how much it will take to have my first replay?
My visa as a tourist ends on 26 of April. Is it possible that I will not have an answer until then ,for the extension, and I will have to leave Canada?
2.Is there something I can do so my papers are processed faster?
3.How long it takes to start working ,after the extension is approved?

Thanks in advance

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Present it on day of appointment
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
Aor takes between 3/5 weeks. Opw is processed in 4 months, give or take another coupl of weeks. As long as you did no mistakes and your application is returned back to you you re on implied status.

manitsa

Mar 16, 2017
Maina4576 said:
Aor takes between 3/5 weeks. Opw is processed in 4 months, give or take another coupl of weeks. As long as you did no mistakes and your application is returned back to you you re on implied status.
Thanks for the quick respond Maina!
What is the implied status?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
manitsa said:
Hello, my name is Emmanouela.
I applied for a permanent residence as s spouse, of a Canadian citizen, living in Quebec.
The application I send includes :the application for sponsorship, the application for extending my visa and the application for open work permit.
I send the application on 5 of March and on the 10th the post office informed me that the envelope was delivered.I tried to link my application online but the system couldn't find it.I keep trying all week but nothing. Plus I haven't receive any e mail of them yet.
I have 3 questions
1.Do you know how much it will take to have my first replay?
My visa as a tourist ends on 26 of April. Is it possible that I will not have an answer until then ,for the extension, and I will have to leave Canada?
2.Is there something I can do so my papers are processed faster?
3.How long it takes to start working ,after the extension is approved?

Thanks in advance
1- Based on the information shared on the spreadsheet, people usually get their AOR (acknowledgment of receipt) within a month for the sponsorship application.
2- If you applied to extend your status before it expires, when it will expire, you will go on implied status until you get a decision from IRCC on that extension. Do not leave Canada if you applied Inland, if you are not allowed to re-enter, your Inland application might be deemed abandoned.
3- The open work permit (OWP) is normally processed in 4 months.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
manitsa said:
Thanks for the quick respond Maina!
What is the implied status?
see the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp