+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long it takes to get the Oath appointment letter!!!!!

henrymoore

Dec 1, 2014
I have passed the citizenship test at July end 2014 (20/20) Mississauga office- I was very happy as am getting closer to my Canadian citizenship.

Its more than 4months now without a feedback from CIC :'(

I did well in the interview but the officer told me we will get back to you in 2weeks to 4months!!!!

Its really frustrating; to live for more than four years in Canada & faced with this unjustified delay!!!! could anybody advise on this PLEASE??? does anybody know what could be the reason of this delay is?? and does this delay mean that something is wrong with my application or this is normal????!!!!

Could anyone provide a Telephone number I can call where I could get an update from PLEASE?????

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Re: Passed the Test(20/20), wating for my Oath appointment since more than 4m!!!!!!

Don't worry, you are not the only one in this situation! We passed the test on August 11th as well and still waiting. I know this is extremely frustrating, but it will happen sooner or later. Stay positive and good luck!

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
henrymoore said:
I have passed the citizenship test at July end 2014 (20/20) Mississauga office- I was very happy as am getting closer to my Canadian citizenship.

I did well in the interview but the officer told me we will get back to you in 2weeks to 4months!!!!

Its really frustrating; to live for more than four years in Canada & faced with this unjustified delay!!!! could anybody advise on this PLEASE??? does anybody know what could be the reason of this delay is?? and does this delay mean that something is wrong with my application or this is normal????!!!!
Well, Same here for me. I have done the test on July 31st and my file has approved by judge since August 12th and still no letter!!! Every time I call, they simply tell me that your file is completed and waiting for oath to be scheduled :(

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
henrymoore said:

I had my test on July 2014 too, but in Ottawa office , the agent told me the same as you i have to wait from one to 4 months , I'm still waiting without any updates, but I called cic last week , she said my file was approved and every things look ok ,it seems they are preparing the oath lettre for me to take ceremony this December , but she doesn't give me a specific date and time , so I think you should call cic and see your file's statue , may you hear a good news this week ,good luck everyone

henrymoore

Dec 1, 2014
elen1984 said:
I had my test on July 2014 too, but in Ottawa office , the agent told me the same as you i have to wait from one to 4 months , I'm still waiting without any updates, but I called cic last week , she said my file was approved and every things look ok ,it seems they are preparing the oath lettre for me to take ceremony this December , but she doesn't give me a specific date and time , so I think you should call cic and see your file's statue , may you hear a good news this week ,good luck everyone
Thanks Elen,
Could you provide a Telephone number I can call where I could get an update from PLEASE?Huh?

henrymoore

Dec 1, 2014
hamedsilent said:
Well, Same here for me. I have done the test on July 31st and my file has approved by judge since August 12th and still no letter!!! Every time I call, they simply tell me that your file is completed and waiting for oath to be scheduled :(
Thanks alot,
Could you provide a Telephone number I can call where I could get an update from PLEASE?Huh?

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
henrymoore said:
Thanks Elen,
This the cic phone number 1888 242 2100, good luck

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
Dude, I gave my test on 2nd July 2014 and still waiting for Oath!

henrymoore

Dec 1, 2014
poison said:
Dude, I gave my test on 2nd July 2014 and still waiting for Oath!
OMG..... you know what:am really proud to be a Canadian citizen in advance and once I become one (God only knows when) one of the most important missions I have as a citizen will be to improve the immigration services through the official approach to the provincial and federal parliaments... the way the immigration services provided now is an embarrassment :mad:

henrymoore

Dec 1, 2014
CIC harassment!!!!! How long it takes to get the Oath appointment letter!!!!!

elen1984 said:
This the cic phone number 1888 242 2100, good luck
I called the CIC on this number and after more than one hour of listening to primitive recordings and poorly trained operators all what I've got for an answer was "the system updates says your application is under process" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an experience that considered embarrassing for a third world country!!!!! I am depressed and shocked with this kind of service... I decided to move my family's life to Canada with a lot of pride and determination and turned to an unhappy "citizen to be" after 4 years of struggle!!!!

I want Canada to be the greatest country in the world and this will never happen with the level of services I surprisingly witnessed from CIC.

If anyone has any advice to help me with I'll be truly thankful

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
Hello henrymoore

Relax... you are Not the only one waiting, there is a major delay from CIC, on sending out the Oath invitation's

some applicant's are waiting after test since July/ June / even some from May

You won't get a good answer from the call center agent,they would just tell you to wait for 6 months, I suggest you call few times, some of the agents are experienced and they help and some are Not, and while you are waiting did you Consider ordering your ATIP report ?

it would tell you if your application was approved or not and when ? and if it was approved then relax it's just a matter of few more weeks for them to schedule the Oath for you

Good luck to you.

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
henrymoore said:
I called the CIC on this number and after more than one hour of listening to primitive recordings and poorly trained operators all what I've got for an answer was "the system updates says your application is under process" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an experience that considered embarrassing for a third world country!!!!! I am depressed and shocked with this kind of service... I decided to move my family's life to Canada with a lot of pride and determination and turned to an unhappy "citizen to be" after 4 years of struggle!!!!

I want Canada to be the greatest country in the world and this will never happen with the level of services I surprisingly witnessed from CIC.

,If anyone has any advice to help me with I'll be truly thankful
Don't give up , this is happened to a lot of people before you , I know you have been waiting for almost 5 months after the test date not short time ,me too I called cic and one agent tell me my fille still under process , I was so worried too guess what after 2 days I called them again they told me we send u the oath letter and tomorrow i have the ceremony, so never give up be positive, good luck

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same here for my wife and kids.. test on July 23rd, CJ approved on August 8, Granted on August 22nd as per the ATIP .. waiting for the Oath.. we called 2 times already.. will call next week too. the agent said up to 6 month these days it will take.

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Michels said:
Same here for my wife and kids.. test on July 23rd, CJ approved on August 8, Granted on August 22nd as per the ATIP .. waiting for the Oath.. we called 2 times already.. will call next week too. the agent said up to 6 month these days it will take.
She had the test date the same as mine July ,23 rd ,when I called cic they told me same as her i have to wait ??? I'm in the normal process just give us a call if You reach 6 months from your test date , but I don't give up I tried to call them again to hear the good news , and tomorrow I hahe the ceremony , so let your wife give them a call and see for any updates , good luck everyone

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
henrymoore said:

Could anyone provide a Telephone number I can call where I could get an update from PLEASE?????
You are not the only one. I have been waiting since April and every time I call them they say it is being "processed" at some god darn office... I doubt any one at the CIC is actually working.
Also, you must bear in mind that the Harper Cons don't want to grant us citizenship because they don't want to increase their chances of losing the next election. It is that simple.

Their call center # is 1-888-242-2100 but save your breath. It is useless to call them.