+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long for the medical lab result return to the doctor?

tbll

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Hi, my did my medical exam, my doctor said it makes two weeks for the lab to return the medical result to him.

I did it in Vancouver, is it really take so long?

s_w_u

Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted; CoPR 14-05-2013
LANDED..........
15-05-2013; PR Card received 25-07-2013
tbll said:
Hi, my did my medical exam, my doctor said it makes two weeks for the lab to return the medical result to him.

Mine took just couple days - med done Mar14, doctor managed to send it out on Mar18, report received in CIC Ottawa mail room on Mar20. Impressive.

FYI I did mine in Richmond, BC.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
tbll said:

Hi Tbll,

Not sure whats the reason, but some doctors take too long to send out the results. Either the process for CEC applicants is different and they are applying some steps which is applicable in some other streams or they simply take in lots of patients. If S_W_U's doctor can send all the results in just 4 days - there is no reason why other doctors can't.

There are other members too (from Ontario) who reported that their docs sent out their online med. results within 5 days. So its really some thing wrong with other docs (including the doc i went to see here in Toronto who took 13 days to send it after calling them repeatedly).

Perhaps you can keep up the pressure by calling your doc. After 5 days, you may want to give them a call and remind them about your file.

kunals321

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
tbll said:

Hi Tbll,

Do you know whether your Doctor was eMed enabled? If yes, he can upload the test results as early as 3-4 days. Also, you should have given your medical exam at BC Biomedical labs, and they normally send out the results to the Doctor in 2-3 days. I would suggest check with the labs & then push the Doctor to get your results uploaded/ sent out to CIC. For me, it took 4 working days after medical checkup, for the results to be uploaded by the Doctor. And today CIC updated my ECAS as well - Medicals received.

All the best!!