+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does the whole testing process take?

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
Hi guys,

For anyone who has done their test and interview, can you please share how long the entire process took? (verification of documents, waiting for test, test, waiting for interview, interview, etc.) Just wondering if all of this can be done in less than 2 hours (obviously depends on how long you take for the test but let's say takes 20 mins)

The reason is I have a test at 10AM and an international flight that departs at 2:25PM! It takes 30 mins to get to the airport and $500 to change the dates of the flight!
So I was thinking to leave right after the test (best case at 11:30 AM) get to the airport at noon which gives me 2,5 hours to check in and go through security

Any insight would be greatly appreciated (especially from people from Vancouver)

Thank you

springtime

Star Member
May 5, 2014
vbomb said:
Hi guys,

For anyone who has done their test and interview, can you please share how long the entire process took? (verification of documents, waiting for test, test, waiting for interview, interview, etc.) Just wondering if all of this can be done in less than 2 hours (obviously depends on how long you take for the test but let's say takes 20 mins)

The reason is I have a test at 10AM and an international flight that departs at 2:25PM! It takes 30 mins to get to the airport and $500 to change the dates of the flight!
So I was thinking to leave right after the test (best case at 11:30 AM) get to the airport at noon which gives me 2,5 hours to check in and go through security

Any insight would be greatly appreciated (especially from people from Vancouver)

Thank you
It depends , the whole proses with test and interview took 2 hours for me.
They called us one by one to do the interview. but you have max 30 mins for your test, but many people did it in first 10 mins.
waiting for your turn to do the interview might take time.

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
Thank you springtime!
Anyone else can share your experiences?

Mango91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine took almost an hour from test taking to interview despite the fact that the instructor had to say things in French and English (I am from Montreal).
I was 5th person finished the test. They took your answer sheet and marked it right away and brought it into interviewing room and put in on the table where interviewers were. And interviewers picked up people's files and called their names. So if you finish earlier, your chance of starting interview early increases. And for the interview, you cannot expect how long it will take. So I guess the only thing you can do is finishing your test early.

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
The sooner you are done with your paper test, the faster the whole process is. If you are the first person to finish the exam, you will be the first person to have the interview. if you are the 20th person to finish, you have to wait for all the 19 people above you to finish their interview