+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long does it take for medicals to reach the IO?

mm

Aug 4, 2008
Hey guys,

I received this e-mail from the IO in Vienna a while ago:

"This concerns your application for permanent resident visa.

We have contacted Ottawa to follow-up concerning your medical examination and were told that your medicals are still in Scarborough and have not been forwarded to us as required.

Could you please contact the office of Dr. XX to find out regarding the delay and let us know as soon as possible about your findings. In the mean time your original passport will be kept in our office."

I was just wondering, does the doctor send my medicals directly to Vienna, or to Ottawa first (as they had to contact Ottawa to find out) and how long does the process usually take? does this mean the results are already done, they just need to be sent?

thanks so much for your time everyone, this forum has helped me a huge lot during the past 1/2 year, I wish you all good luck and success on your journey :)

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
The DMP does not send the medical results to the visa office - they're sent to the Regional Medical Centre that serves the region for the visa office where the file is being processed. When the IO is ready to review the results, they request them from the RMC. The list of RMCs indicates that there is an RMC in Vienna, so not sure why Vienna would be requesting them from Ottawa - or why they think the results are still in Scarborough??? It's possible that their RMC didn't have them, so they inquired of Ottawa to see if they were sent there instead. Apparently there is some indication that the DMP has not forwarded the results to any RMC . . . so you should first contact your DMP's office and get confirmation about when the results were sent, and where they were sent. Also, sometimes it's possible to contact the RMC (if you can get a phone or fax number) and inquire as to whether or not they have the results. This might be something the DMP can do for you. Usually that results in the RMC forwarding the results to the visa office.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
1.) When did you do the medical exam?
2.) Where did you do the medical exam?

Technically, it's possible to do the medical with any DMP around the world, so if you did it somewhere that doesn't usually send their results to Vienna, it could be that your results went to another center.
If you did it very recently, it's possible they have not yet arrived. My DMP told me it would take about 2 weeks for the results to arrive at their destination after they mail them.

mm

Aug 4, 2008
thanks guys :)

I did my medicals back in November,here in Scarborough, Ontario. I actually received the mail and contacted the DMP more than 2 weeks ago. it turned out my file wasn`t sent yet but I was assured they would send it in on the same day (sorry, I should have said so). since then I havent received any notice so that`s why I was asking how long it`s supposed to take

mm

Aug 4, 2008
update: I`ve contacted the DMP again last week since Vienna still hadn`t recieved my file, and apparently they did send it in on February 12th, but to Ottawa. I`ve let the IO know about this but didnt receive a reply from them, so I`m a little worried that they overlooked my message.. do you think I should call Ottawa to make sure they send the medicals to Vienna?