+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take for EE points to update after ECA is entered?

ThisIsHoof

Nov 27, 2014
I uploaded my WES credentials on Saturday but my points hasn't gone up yet. How long does it take for it to update?

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do you mean by updated your WES? when you launch your application didn't you include you degrees ? BS or MS ? If you did; how does WES change?

WES is just a certification or a verification that your degree matches to a BS or MS in Canada

Am I wrong?

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He means he confirmed in his EE profile that he has received WES and he must have entered details about the report accordingly. Once you enter those details, only then will you get points for education outside of Canada.

To the OP, I think my profile was updated in about 20 minutes. Retry in a few minutes and you'll see your updated score, although the update email might arrive after a day or two

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Or it could be that if your highest degree is from Canada and you have already obtained points for that, the ECA didn't get you any further points.

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
ThisIsHoof said:
I uploaded my WES credentials on Saturday but my points hasn't gone up yet. How long does it take for it to update?
Hi ThisIsHoof,

I don't think there is a lag as such. I just updated my wife's ECA and the points were updated immediately.

If this is not a Canadian Degree that you updated, I believe you might not completed uploading the changes.
  • If you go into your application details is it still asking whether you want to revert the changes?
    Have you signed (put in your first and last names) and submitted the updates?

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So do they cross check with the WES report?

I didn't upload anything (scan copies or such); I just listed my BS MS details in the form (EE application)

That is correct ? no uploading of docs are necessary at the moment ?

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
They will cross check it if you get an ITA but not at this point. Make sure you have electronically signed for your changes by selecting "continue" after you have made your updates, as pointed out by chad_80. My profile updated immediately when I updated with profile with my ECA

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
best practice would be:

1. Get your IELTS score
2. Get your WES done

When you have both these things in your hand.. go ahead and apply !

Simple

ThisIsHoof

Nov 27, 2014
They will cross check it if you get an ITA but not at this point. Make sure you have electronically signed for your changes by selecting "continue" after you have made your updates, as pointed out by chad_80. My profile updated immediately when I updated with profile with my ECA
I'll give the continue button a go again.

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
chad_80 said:
Hi ThisIsHoof,

I don't think there is a lag as such. I just updated my wife's ECA and the points were updated immediately.

If this is not a Canadian Degree that you updated, I believe you might not completed uploading the changes.
  • If you go into your application details is it still asking whether you want to revert the changes?
    Have you signed (put in your first and last names) and submitted the updates?
Strange. I updated my profile with the WES Evaluation of my Master's degree but no update to my points yet. I had both degrees initially but only WES for Bachelors. So I updated and put the WES for my Master's now but no increase in points. Should I remove my Bachelors and leave the WES for only my Masters? The reference number is the same though.

Thanks for any thoughts