+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

emanager

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello folks
I sent my passport to Ottawa and it reached there today because of the long weekend
so how long is it taking to get PR stamped from Ottawa?
Thanks in advance

lingshuaiyi89

Sep 26, 2012
Hi everyone I send our passport on feb/20th,I am still wait.i went to MP office last week. They call me back say my file approval on may /13/2013.i still wait for 2 more months to get my passport back.this no fair wait for 5month to get our passport back. :( anyone have any ideas what does mean my case approval on may /13th.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Congratulations for those who are receiving their passports back :D And viber30, I'm happy that you finally got yours back.

lingshuaiyi89 said:
Hi everyone I send our passport on feb/20th,I am still wait.i went to MP office last week. They call me back say my file approval on may /13/2013.i still wait for 2 more months to get my passport back.this no fair wait for 5month to get our passport back. :( anyone have any ideas what does mean my case approval on may /13th.
Did they tell you that you would have to wait for two more months? Also, approval could mean that the immigrant visa has already been stamped on your passport, it's just that, sometimes, it takes a while for your passport to send back.

MSP_Bopharai got his passport stamped late Feb, but he got his passport back early May! Just hang in there, I'm sure it'll come really soon. viber30 got his passport stamped maybe 3 to 4 weeks ago, but he just got his passport back maybe today (or tomorrow). So your passport might have already been stamped, and is just awaiting out delivery.

And also keep checking your eCas. Some people had their home address show up on eCas before they got their passport (it's not the case for me though; I got my home address show up after I landed).

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
My passport was stamped on March 13 but got sent just a couple of days ago.. so it is possible that you might have to wait for another two months to get your passports..

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
uslover said:
:) :) :)
I got my PPs back today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rdecartus, my 6-years old daughter did not get visa in her passport as well, she is US citizen.
I just got an email from CPP that my daughter (US citizen) does not need a visa. This calms my nerves. Looking forward to preparing for landing now..

sai_murthy

Aug 2, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CCP-O
App. Filed.......
05-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-10.2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Interview........
Waivied
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
aliazad75 said:
Its 13 weeks and you haven't received your passport yet. Is it so ?
My friend sent passport on Mar-12 and they received it on Mar-13. When we mailed CPP-O, they replied as below, what does this mean ?? In approximate how many weeks, I can expect the passports back. :

We have received your passport and your application is currently in queue to be finalized. Please note that we are unable to estimate the remaining processing time required for your application.

If you have included a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport will be returned using this envelope. If you did not provide a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport will be returned to you by regular mail.

Regards,

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa –NN05116

tiger_raj

Apr 23, 2013
Well...it was a pleasant surprise for me. never got a response back from CPP-O inspite of 4 emails to them.....my passports arrived today via regular mail since I am in US.....visa stamped....I am sure you all from Feb and Mar will get yours pretty soon.

uslover

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
rdecartus said:
I just got an email from CPP that my daughter (US citizen) does not need a visa. This calms my nerves. Looking forward to preparing for landing now..
Thank you!!!
Please share your landing experience.

Graciela

May 6, 2013
viber30 said:
Congrats :) When is your Visa Printed and CopR printed ?
Finally I got my passport back yesterday May 21, after 11 weeks and a half.

The Visa says it was issued on May 9.
CoPR also says issue date May 9 and valid up to Jan 21, 2014, which I think it is one year after they acknowledged the reception of my medical examinations (I have them done mid Dec 2012)

To new applicants, remember to update the list somebody created last February, where we were adding when we sent our PP to Ottawa and when we got them back, together with extra information. That helped us a lot trying to see what was going on and how long it was taking Ottawa so send PP back, especially because this timeline is not posted anywhere else. This is the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtWqy_Bo1iuidDdoc0NNU3Y1SE5DY0RzbDE3UnBJWHc#gid=0

Good luck to everybody here!! I hope the ones that are still waiting since Feb-Mar get your passports soon!

By the way, I sent the link above to Ottawa in an email asking them why they were processing passports received after and not the ones in Feb-Mar, that I thought it should work as for the work permits where they process the applications in order according to the date received. They never answered by maybe they looked at it, and at least stamped my Visa some days after that email! jejeej coincidence?