+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

uslover

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
speednab said:
Salam Br.
Congrat for getting your PR. Could you please advise how you sent your passport from the USA? Did you use the express mail and get a tracking number?
Thank you..
Hi Speednab, I used FedEx overnight from the USA. My PP was delivered next day afternoon, cost me 35-40$. I was able to track it. It said "delivered", but there was no name or signature shown. I have sent to courier address and got stuck with it. Sent them email and got a reply that their office has received my PP. It took them 6 weeks by then. So we all have no idea if it is a problem with their courier address or anything else.

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
MSB_Boparai said:
Thank you Syed.

I have updated excel sheet. I really dont know what to say. I am worried at the same time because passport is not an ordinary document. They are just not replying back.

What to do. Should I send another email to OPP?

Guys advise. 2 months today since they received passport.
I changed your entry location ...the details are arranged date wise...

can you confirm that did they confirm that they have your passports?

Syed

patience_patience

Mar 25, 2013
I am also at 2 months (feb 21); sent many emails and fax since march 16, but only got the automatic reply "we are working on your case email" on Monday and got a second email on Tuesday afternoon asking me to confirm I have paid the fees (despite the fact I have sent this confirmation in February already). So my belief is that they are FINALLY WORKING ON MY CASE this week.

I also know from from CIC complaint department and my MP, that they 'officially' received my passport on March 26 suggesting that they had misplaced it for 5 weeks and/or had left the mail un-open. Bottom line, I think that people from end of February were all in a forgotten pile somewhere which was recently found.

MSB_Boparai

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Yes, they replied to one of my email saying we have received your passport.
After that I sent another email asking for status update. My sister is delaying her engagement just because she wants me back home. and these A***H** are just delaying further and further.

patience_patience

Mar 25, 2013
MSB_Boparai said:
Yes, they replied to one of my email saying we have received your passport.
After that I sent another email asking for status update. My sister is delaying her engagement just because she wants me back home. and these A***H** are just delaying further and further.
I cancelled a trip booked for last week and with flights and prepaid accomodations and events tickets, my losses are in the 4-digits! My best friend is getting married in one week and I really hope I can make this! Losing money is annoying, but missing out on love-ones special days is just devastating and unnecessary...

viber30

Jan 30, 2013
Practically this immigration process costs immigrant a lot .I really hope you get your PP tonight and can go to see your love ones again

hemu_vnit

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 June 2012
AOR Received.
26 July 2012
Med's Request
31 July 2012
Med's Done....
20 August 2012
Passport Req..
08-02-2013, passport reached CPP-O - 04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013, PP received back on 18-04-2013
LANDED..........
20-04-2013
Finally received my passports and COPR today safely. They have given only 3 and half months validity. I am so happy to receive the passports. I can not express how happy I was yesterday when tracker got activated.

The passport is such important document and it is totally unfair on part of CIC to hold them for so long. I am sure it is just their laziness and insensitivity which is delaying the process. I really hope and pray that the people who are waiting from like 2 months will get them back ASAP.

caris

Nov 19, 2012
I just got my Passport back and COPR (CPR)....WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY. Took over 20days to have it issued. Now time to go out and re enter. whoooooooooooooooo GOD IS GOOOOODDDDD

MSB_Boparai

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
syed_h_sha said:
I changed your entry location ...the details are arranged date wise...

can you confirm that did they confirm that they have your passports?

Syed
Yes they confirmed. but I am really worried now because ppl who sent the PP in april or march are getting back in 2-3 weeks but what the hell is wrong in my case.

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
MSB_Boparai said:
Yes they confirmed. but I am really worried now because ppl who sent the PP in april or march are getting back in 2-3 weeks but what the hell is wrong in my case.
That is what unknown. and you are not alone.

either they are doing additional security checks or
our packages were abandoned and started working now....god know what is going on.

hope every thing will be sorted out soon....

MSB_Boparai

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
syed_h_sha said:
That is what unknown. and you are not alone.

either they are doing additional security checks or
our packages were abandoned and started working now....god know what is going on.

hope every thing will be sorted out soon....
This is really stupid on there part. wht more security checks they want to do? my employer is like.. you want to take off take now because when work will get more busy than he can give me off. security checks?? what is police clearnace for? if a person has come to canada that means he passed security only than he came...... stupid process.

uslover

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Caris is 100% right. God is good. We will get our PP back soon. After being worried, annoyed, angry, I learned to be patient. We can change nothing. God knows what's the right time for everybody. We were waiting for years. The count is for days now, I hope so...

MSB_Boparai

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
uslover said:
Caris is 100% right. God is good. We will get our PP back soon. After being worried, annoyed, angry, I learned to be patient. We can change nothing. God knows what's the right time for everybody. We were waiting for years. The count is for days now, I hope so...
but atleast they can reply to email saying ok this is what the status is or something etc...
but they are just sitting like a dummy. no effect at all.
I am not saying give me passport right now. All i am asking is please advise why so much of long wait (2 months +)