+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

T

tonyjune

patience_patience said:
The wait time and the lack of replies to inquiries are simply awful service. I just wrote to my riding's MP - who is my elected federal representative, as well as to the minister of immigration. I encourage everyone to do the same; nothing to lose.
Check immigrationwatchcanada.org/take-action/what-you-can-do/
did you also send to POBox? Can you mention this POBox thing to your MP too?

WeazyF

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
I guess I didn't read the email properly, I sent mine with canadapost to the address instead of the p. o. Box , now I'm wondering if that's why I haven't heard back from them.
Ppr: march 1st
Pp sent: march 2nd
Canada post: out for delivery since March 5th
All correspondence with CPP-O, haven't acknowledged receipt of PP.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wrote CPP-O twice, on March 14 and 24. They replied me a little while ago. My PP reached CPP-O on March 1st. I don't know how long will they take to finalize the application.

Dear client,

Please note that your passports were received. Your applications are currently being finalized. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Sincerely,

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nuwa said:
I wrote CPP-O twice, on March 14 and 24. They replied me a little while ago. My PP reached CPP-O on March 1st. I don't know how long will they take to finalize the application.

Dear client,

Please note that your passports were received. Your applications are currently being finalized. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Sincerely,
Was there an officer ID in their email? it starts with SL and then couple digits

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
Was there an officer ID in their email? it starts with SL and then couple digits
Yes, what does it mean?

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
I am not sure, I got it too in their reply.
It may be an officer ID you have mentioned. Processing time might depend on the officer. Seems that I have a slow officer. It took 16 days to get a reply.

raju1704

Mar 28, 2013
I received reply from CPP-O today. It looks like it will take one more week for me. They received my passport on 28th Feb 2013.

Dear client,

Our office received your passport. Please note that it could take about a week for your application to be finalized and returned to you. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

So I think people whose passport has been received before 28th Feb 2013 should be processed and sent in the next week. Hope they start clearing this faster.

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nuwa said:
It may be an officer ID you have mentioned. Processing time might depend on the officer. Seems that I have a slow officer. It took 16 days to get a reply.
One gentleman here mentioned a point that made sense to me. He said that the huge amount of PPR's lately are due to the quota that CIC wants to meet by the end of the fiscal year which is around the corner. By next week, all February passport submitters should get their passports back, or at least have an activated return envelopes, because this is getting ridiculous!!

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raju1704 said:
I received reply from CPP-O today. It looks like it will take one more week for me. They received my passport on 28th Feb 2013.

Dear client,

Our office received your passport. Please note that it could take about a week for your application to be finalized and returned to you. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

So I think people whose passport has been received before 28th Feb 2013 should be processed and sent in the next week. Hope they start clearing this faster.
They said that mine was received on the 22nd and should be finalized within two weeks, that was back in the first third of March

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
One gentleman here mentioned a point that made sense to me. He said that the huge amount of PPR's lately are due to the quota that CIC wants to meet by the end of the fiscal year which is around the corner. By next week, all February passport submitters should get their passports back, or at least have an activated return envelopes, because this is getting ridiculous!!

That is probably true. But, some people who sent their PPs in mid March has already received PPs back. I might write to my PM and other appropriate places if I don't get PP back by end of next week.

StillWaiting87

Mar 12, 2013
raju1704 said:

Dear client,

You received that email today? I am surprised, they work on weekends?

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
StillWaiting87 said:
You received that email today? I am surprised, they work on weekends?
Not really. There is a feature where you can choose when your email is to be sent, they probably use it.