App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-05-2012
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
I got my GCMS notes and it says I have passed the security, medical and eligibility checks, but for criminality it says "In Progress". Anyone have any idea how long this is supposed to take?
I applied in May 2012 and got AIP in October 2012.

Thanks!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Danteryu said:
I got my GCMS notes and it says I have passed the security, medical and eligibility checks, but for criminality it says "In Progress". Anyone have any idea how long this is supposed to take?
I applied in May 2012 and got AIP in October 2012.

Thanks!
there is no standard answer to that, as it depends where you're from, how many countries you lived in before Canada, what you were doing there, and which countries you lived in - most European countries are quite easy and exchange information quickly, but it's not the case everywhere... so there is really no answer to that. But - the eligibility is passed, which is great news, it means that they deem your relationship genuine.
Most second stage for Inland are taking 8 months, and you're currently at 7, so if there is nothing out of the ordinary for your background, you should be done soon!
Good luck,
Sweden

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Sweden said:
there is no standard answer to that, as it depends where you're from, how many countries you lived in before Canada, what you were doing there, and which countries you lived in - most European countries are quite easy and exchange information quickly, but it's not the case everywhere..
Dear Sweden,

Do they contact every single country the applicant travelled to? do they confirm the travels dates the applicant write in the application with the immigrations of the visited countries. I have a travel history and I am afraid i can't exactly remember specific dates.
Also i am a bit worried that my travel history will bring a great delay to my application.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Camelboy said:
Dear Sweden,

Do they contact every single country the applicant travelled to? do they confirm the travels dates the applicant write in the application with the immigrations of the visited countries. I have a travel history and I am afraid i can't exactly remember specific dates.
Also i am a bit worried that my travel history will bring a great delay to my application.
It's difficult to say. I don't think that they check exact dates, as most countries don't keep a record for each traveler ( at least, not a centralised one). It also depends of a lot of other factors : why you were in the country (if you were sent by your company to work, it's much easier to check, if you were visiting family etc), how long, etc.

Travel history can indeed delay the application, but it's very difficult to quantify how much, how long, as it depends on the countries (some are more "suspicious" than others), and the reasons for traveling.

Good luck,
Sweden

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Thanks Sweden for your reply.
I am working and living in Somalia, i guess that will be my biggest red flag. with no central police and records.
For those suspicious countries any examples? just checking if those i visited are included.

sponsoring

Apr 30, 2011
I'm in the same situation, I got my work permit..etc and I just sent my Criminal Records but I have no idea how long it would take for that to get my PR.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Add on to this query

What takes more long ? Security or Criminality ?

I thought it was security due to travel history?