+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does a passport submission take in VFS Dubai

navdeepchopra

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Do we need to get any authorization/approval to submit the passport in Dubai if we apply from India? Or just the passport submission letter is fine? Could you please clarify on this as I'm in a similar situation.
check your PPR, anything mentioned there..if not, call VFS Dubai before taking any action..no authorization required if no any restriction mentioned on ur PPR..it is as per my limited understanding & experience..pl do all your due diligence

navdeepchopra

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Do we need to get any authorization/approval to submit the passport in Dubai if we apply from India? Or just the passport submission letter is fine? Could you please clarify on this as I'm in a similar situation.
Nothing required..as explained in our case they told us to check ur letter for any specific condition which was not there n it was very smooth walkin process

AANNA

Jan 1, 2022
I have a query related to Passport submission:
In Dubai, can we submit our passport at VFS in person after receiving PPR.
if yes, what is the procedure

navdeepchopra

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
it is a walk-in process as we have experienced last time in 3-5 days you will get it back via courier at your address

AANNA

Jan 1, 2022
When the courier is sent to our address. Does the person need to be there to collect it or some else can receive on behalf of that person?

navdeepchopra

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
When the courier is sent to our address. Does the person need to be there to collect it or some else can receive on behalf of that person?
the person has to be there or written letter assigning someone to receive along with ID proof

Rag911

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Category........
Other
I just got my passport stamped from VFS Dubai this week. You dont need to book any appointment. Just walk into VFS Wafi Mall, Dubai and submit passport along with PPR letter, consent form and 66 dhs. They will courier the passport at your home within 7-10 days.
Hi, where can I find this consent form? or do they give it me when I walk in to the VFS dubai ??

sauravsharma

May 14, 2016
Hi, I Just got an email from cic.gc.ca domain, with do not reply. The subject is ready for visa. However on the top right hand corner the UCI and application no is blank. The instructions is to print out this letter and submit along with the passport, photos and height and eye color.

Has this been the same for the rest of you as well?. Once I print this out , do i need to fill out the application number and UCI no? From I understood, we can go as a walk-in to VFS wafi mall with the above documents and submit ? Correct? Thanks

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hi, I Just got an email from cic.gc.ca domain, with do not reply. The subject is ready for visa. However on the top right hand corner the UCI and application no is blank. The instructions is to print out this letter and submit along with the passport, photos and height and eye color.

Has this been the same for the rest of you as well?. Once I print this out , do i need to fill out the application number and UCI no? From I understood, we can go as a walk-in to VFS wafi mall with the above documents and submit ? Correct? Thanks
dont print the email and fill it in manually.
login to your gckey, open your application and go down to the end after the decision. you must find a Original passport request down in the updates below. download and open the pdf, it should say something like "this is in reference to your temporary resident application, a decision was made you need to submit your passport."

send it to your whatsapp number as a document and go to wafi, on the ground floor below VFS there is a printing store, print the pdf for 2 dirhams if you dont have a printer at home and go up to the last floor VFS, just walk in and the security will ask you what are you here for, say passport submission. youll go in, go to the right and youll be told to fill in your infromation and then youll get a number. go in the hall most likely hall 5 and wait and when your number is called just give them the printed pdf and your passport and youll sign where your address is and all.
youll pay 72.50 dirhams for the fees of VFS.
theyll tell you itll take up to 2 weeks for the passport to be delivered to your house via aramex, it took mine 10 days i just got it a few days ago.

thats it.

the only two things you need is your passport and the printed pdf letter.

(if you dont find the original passport request, send them a webform, that happened to me 3 years ago and i sent a webform and was emailed the letter)

petnaz

Star Member
Aug 26, 2021
dont print the email and fill it in manually.
login to your gckey, open your application and go down to the end after the decision. you must find a Original passport request down in the updates below. download and open the pdf, it should say something like "this is in reference to your temporary resident application, a decision was made you need to submit your passport."

send it to your whatsapp number as a document and go to wafi, on the ground floor below VFS there is a printing store, print the pdf for 2 dirhams if you dont have a printer at home and go up to the last floor VFS, just walk in and the security will ask you what are you here for, say passport submission. youll go in, go to the right and youll be told to fill in your infromation and then youll get a number. go in the hall most likely hall 5 and wait and when your number is called just give them the printed pdf and your passport and youll sign where your address is and all.
youll pay 72.50 dirhams for the fees of VFS.
theyll tell you itll take up to 2 weeks for the passport to be delivered to your house via aramex, it took mine 10 days i just got it a few days ago.

thats it.

the only two things you need is your passport and the printed pdf letter.

(if you dont find the original passport request, send them a webform, that happened to me 3 years ago and i sent a webform and was emailed the letter)
I had received a PPR request on 3.3.2022, submitted my passport on 7.3.2022 to VFS Dubai and received it back by courier on 12.3.2022 within 5 days

sauravsharma

May 14, 2016
I had received a PPR request on 3.3.2022, submitted my passport on 7.3.2022 to VFS Dubai and received it back by courier on 12.3.2022 within 5 days
Hi Pentaz,
Did you, like me also get an email only with the subject"ready for Visa" or did you get a PDF version?? Did you go to wafi VFS with email print out manually filled ?

Thanks and congrats

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hi Pentaz,
Did you, like me also get an email only with the subject"ready for Visa" or did you get a PDF version?? Did you go to wafi VFS with email print out manually filled ?

Thanks and congrats
its fine they are sending out emails nowadays informing people that even if they have a visa, they still need to meet the requirements of entry to canada. everyone from dubai is getting such an email as far as I know because I did too. they sent me two emails so far emphasizing that before I board I must do all the pre-entry requirments.

DO NOT manually fill in anything. download the ppr and go to wafi with it and your passport

sauravsharma

May 14, 2016
its fine they are sending out emails nowadays informing people that even if they have a visa, they still need to meet the requirements of entry to canada. everyone from dubai is getting such an email as far as I know because I did too. they sent me two emails so far emphasizing that before I board I must do all the pre-entry requirments.

DO NOT manually fill in anything. download the ppr and go to wafi with it and your passport
Ok, thanks I have raised a webform request as you advised, requesting for a PDF for passport request form, which is pre-filled. Hopefully they will send it soon. I just don't want to miss on any deadline. I have already informed them that there has been no change in my circumstances, so hopefully they can send the PDF soon. I am also very doubtful about printing the email and manually filling it out, even though it says in the email to print a copy.(wonder why they would do that) Thanks for such prompt replies.

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Ok, thanks I have raised a webform request as you advised, requesting for a PDF for passport request form, which is pre-filled. Hopefully they will send it soon. I just don't want to miss on any deadline. I have already informed them that there has been no change in my circumstances, so hopefully they can send the PDF soon. I am also very doubtful about printing the email and manually filling it out, even though it says in the email to print a copy.(wonder why they would do that) Thanks for such prompt replies.
no issues, just check your GCKey regularly for any updates inside your application, press full application status and go down to "Messages about your application" you should eventually find the pdf labelled as "Original Passport Request"