+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long did you wait for your PPR after medicals?

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
SD said:
Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to give feedback.

Some of you - I am happy that the process moved swiftly.

Some of you - you have proven that patience is indeed a virtue!

I hope and pray that we all get our PPR's soon!!!!

Any more feedback from the rest of this forum's members will be most welcome.
Hey hey..
my 15 months now after the medical...still.....

C

cajoejoe

Maple:

As i wrote in previously. I submitted my Medical on Feb. 2010 and initial application on Nov. 2008 to Buffalo. Almost same boat.. Hang on tight.

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
Hey cajoejoe,
I hope all of us 2008 applicants will be through really soon. It has been a long wait and I hope that long-waited mail with the approval letter is on the way. The E case shows no details since May 2009 except the date of receiving the application. The situation is bitter.
I will keep updating whatever progress I might get.

C

cajoejoe

Maple:

Atleast you have something on ECASE. in my case, the online status has been the same from initial application filled. Been 4 months still waiting for PPR. I hope we hear positive news, for all.

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
cajoejoe,

Did you contact them lately?

C

cajoejoe

Maple;

It took about one day to get the generic reply from Buffalo (the case is in process) and the online status as i mentioned from the day i applied until now has never changed. I am waiting for the letter, that I sent via regular mail. I am a US citizen, so there is no other countries background check; i am assuming (when they ask for the Medical, they are done with the background checks). My hunch is that Ottawa might be swamped. However, wanted to get everyone's experience or their thoughts on this. As mentioned this been well over 4 months mark. one final note, i forgot to mention the lady in medical office when phoned Ottawa regarding the status of my medical. She said usually there is 3-to-6 months for medical process. I guess i will wait and see.

Burlington

Jun 18, 2010
Hello:

My Ecas status today shows medical received and decision made CIC office is Ghana.

I am awaiting PPR.

Any idea how long?

Thanks

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cajoejoe said:
Maple:

Atleast you have something on ECASE. in my case, the online status has been the same from initial application filled. Been 4 months still waiting for PPR. I hope we hear positive news, for all.
Hi,

Are you sure your DMP has sent your medical form to Ottawa? It has been 4 months to wait for PPR!!!

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cajoejoe said:
Maple;

It took about one day to get the generic reply from Buffalo (the case is in process) and the online status as i mentioned from the day i applied until now has never changed. I am waiting for the letter, that I sent via regular mail. I am a US citizen, so there is no other countries background check; i am assuming (when they ask for the Medical, they are done with the background checks). My hunch is that Ottawa might be swamped. However, wanted to get everyone's experience or their thoughts on this. As mentioned this been well over 4 months mark. one final note, i forgot to mention the lady in medical office when phoned Ottawa regarding the status of my medical. She said usually there is 3-to-6 months for medical process. I guess i will wait and see.
Could you let me know the phone number, please?

C

cajoejoe

Lovebb:

I called the medical office where i did the exam. The nurse in DMP office called the Ottawa Office (I do not have any numbers). She informed, if there was a problem with the medical they would have been notified (further testing etc), and if there was problem on my part not doing the medical i would have received a notice. Having said that, as mentioned i wrote a letter to buffalo office notifying them of my situation. If i don't hear anything by end of this month, i shall send a copy of receipt for the medical exam.

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cajoejoe said:
Lovebb:

I called the medical office where i did the exam. The nurse in DMP office called the Ottawa Office (I do not have any numbers). She informed, if there was a problem with the medical they would have been notified (further testing etc), and if there was problem on my part not doing the medical i would have received a notice. Having said that, as mentioned i wrote a letter to buffalo office notifying them of my situation. If i don't hear anything by end of this month, i shall send a copy of receipt for the medical exam.
Thanks for the response. I would suggest you send the receipt copy now rather than wait till the end of the month. Based on other posts, many of applicants have sent the receipt to their local visa offices as soon as when they got the receipt from DMP. I did it by fax and email. But I think either way is fine.

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
cajoejoe said:
Maple;

Hopefully you will not wait for so long. I am guessing that Buffalo is starting issuing pprs these days so it clears the 2008 backlog and deal with the new applications under the new occupation list so they meet the Canadian market needs. As you are US citizen, I am sure things will go smoothly and fast as the background check...etc...keep updating till you post the good news soon.......really soon (hopefully)

C

cajoejoe

Maple:

Yes, i am a US Citizen. I Hope, and each one of you get what you are looking for.

hanh

Apr 24, 2010
Hi SD !
Any good news ? I am waiting to see you getting PPR since i had my medicals one month after you did . All the best will come to you soon .

Emcool00

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-09
Doc's Request.
09-02-10
AOR Received.
09-02-10
File Transfer...
09-04-10
Med's Request
29-04-10
Med's Done....
25-05-10
Passport Req..
11-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
Burlington said:
Hello:

My Ecas status today shows medical received and decision made CIC office is Ghana.

I am awaiting PPR.

Any idea how long?

Thanks
Congrats.It means you are almost there.With regard to PPR you may have to consider postal delays that is assuming that it is coming by

post.It may be a good idea to keep watch at the post office that serves your area.We are at the same visa office. When and where did you

do your medicals.I am expecting PPR as well though no changes to my ECAS status for now.Please keep us posted.All the best.