+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long are Police Checks good for?

fatmamakombe

May 19, 2008
Hello all, I just spoke to an immigration lawyer who told me police checks were only good for 6 months and then have to be redone. Is this the case? I thought they were good for a year like the medicals.

Thx

JamesM

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Job Offer........
I am unaware of how much they let this slide but officially, the police check has to have been issued within3 months of them receiving your application.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When my parents PR application was processed, the Embassy asked and they submitted the PCC. The visa was issued after 18 months of the PCC. During the process the embassy did not ask for another PCC.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hirenkarishma said:
its says in guide that pcc must be not old than 6 month.... so, follow cic guide...not anyone else...
Actually you should re-read the guide, they cannot be older than 3 months when submitted.

PMM

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
and the correct answer is.....drum role please.....

they are valid for 6 months
but they cannot be more than 3 months when submitted

lisa_joanne_uk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
UK
Hi just a quick one really for clarification if anyone can help. I need a police check before i go to Canada... Here in the UK we have CRB checks, Criminal Record Bureau. Is this what i would need? Thanks in advance,
Lisa :)

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
lisa
read about police clearance here for UK
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/united-kingdom.asp