+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long after receiving the correspondence letter for biometrics, do you receive an answer?

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
Not sure who may find this information useful but if you notice on your IRCC tracker that you have been issued a visa document number, that means that your application has been approved. All that is required for IRCC at this stage is to request for your passport, but sometimes it can take a while before you get that letter.

I had this issue on my mom's TRV application which she applied (Dec 2022) outside Canada. It was approved May 11, 2023 but she didn't get the followup request letter to submit her passport for the visa issuance. I sent several webforms and yet nothing happened. I even called IRCC Canada and they clarified that their mandate doesn't include TRV applications outside Canada. So I reached out to my Member of Parliament (MP) via email late last week, and they confirmed that the application had been approved May 11 and said they will reach out to the IRCC Lagos (Nigeria) office processing the application.

Today my mom received the request from IRCC to submit her passport. Today makes it exactly 42 days (6weeks) since her application was approved.

If you have similar issue, you may send an email to your MP and they will inquire from IRCC on your behalf. Perhaps that prompted them to send the passport issuance (perhaps not), but then you have nothing to loose if you take similar approach.
Congratulations. Good to know that it works

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
1 have just got my visa application decision email and they are asking for my passport but i don't see the Visa duration

I applied from Uganda
March 19, 2023 submitted application
Biometrics on March 22,2023
Biometrics validity letter April 12,2023
Visa approval and Passport request June 7,2023

Hope that gives hope to people who are still waiting for feedback
Hi i see the Visitor visa document number in the new portal and i also got the Biometric validity letter on June 16th but i did not get the Passport request yet.

Oluwasaanu

Aug 27, 2022
I want to ask, is appointment booked before passport submission in Lagos Nigeria.. Please someone should enlighten me. Thanks

Jot_2016

Jun 30, 2023
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
India
I hope so!

Oh don’t worry, I thought you received BVL but no visa document number, that would be bad news.
I applied in 2021 and received BVL in 2023!
What is visa document number? like the number which starts from alphabet and then numbers ?

LuckyRoko

Jul 1, 2023
Hello everyone! I saw that there is two ways to apply the visitor visa one is (old) Ircc secure account and another one is a (new) Ircc portal account. And I also saw that a lot of people got received their visas from new portal more faster. Really????

<My timeline>
Nationality Russia
Current location South Korea (I also applied from here)
Processing time Visitor visa (from outside Canada) South Korea
When I applied 29 days, after 1 month 39 days, and now 41 days...
Applied with GCKEY on the government of Canada site. (IRCC)
Submission Confirmation May 9, 2023
Biometrics Collection Letter May 10, 2023
Biometrics - May 15, 2023: Completed.
(There is no latest update about it.)
Background Verification is in progress
Eligibility is not started

I really pray that the visa will be issued as soon as possible !!! my husband is Korean, he went there on May 3 because he got a working holiday visa. he works and he recently applied for Nomination from AB state to get the PR later including me as his wife. I also applied for a visitor visa on my own on May 9, emphasizing that my husband is waiting for me. We have two applications in process right now. How long do you think it will take in our case? Will the visa be approved at all?... Is there anyone here in the same situation as me? And who applied on May 9th and is still waiting? I am very worried about my nationality that I am the owner of a Russian passport..

Last edited:

cesariajose

Jul 7, 2023
Hi Everyone .I applied for my visa June 6 -got submission letter June 7 and updated biometric information too . Review of eligibility started today (July 7) and also got correspondence letter today .How long should I expect to get a decision?

cesariajose

Jul 7, 2023
Hi Everyone .I applied for my visa June 6 -got submission letter June 7 and updated biometric information too . Review of eligibility started today (July 7) and also got correspondence letter today .How long should I expect to get a decision?
Update: I recieved approvala on 10 July (3 days later) non sds