Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Anyone know how the current job market is in Montreal(or Quebec state) for non-IT industry for new immigrants ?

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
It's really no different from the rest of the country. Some areas have more opportunities than others, but overall it's just as slow. That said, if you're proficient in French, your chances for employment improve, significantly, but there are employers who may ignore the French bit.

I'd advice you review sites like indeed.com for jobs in your desired area. You'll get a feel of what's going on depending on the results you get. Accounting opportunities are not many and the majority are entry-level. However, there's a growing number of opportunites that require an accounting designation, but are not mainstream accounting opportunities - they require additional skills/qualifications.

The banking sector appears to be hiring quite often, but it depends what your area is - risk, project management, product management and customer service have a number of opportunities.

Generally, there's more opportunities in project management/coordination, data analysis, and process improvement. I'd advise you do your search based on key words as you may eliminate numerous opportunites that match your skills, because of a difference in titles.

You specified "non-IT industry", but generally, most opportunities are linked to IT in some way, though they may not be at a tech company. For example, some of the customer service roles in the banks are intended to improve services, products etc from a customer service perspective and involve implementation of tech solutions etc. however, they may not require a tech background. So I'd advise you keep an open mind, be ready to try new things - do your research, make informed decisions.

I'm not sure if this helps, but it should give you a general feel of the job market.

All the best.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
next2015 said:
It's really no different from the rest of the country. Some areas have more opportunities than others, but overall it's just as slow. That said, if you're proficient in French, your chances for employment improve, significantly, but there are employers who may ignore the French bit.

I'd advice you review sites like indeed.com for jobs in your desired area. You'll get a feel of what's going on depending on the results you get. Accounting opportunities are not many and the majority are entry-level. However, there's a growing number of opportunites that require an accounting designation, but are not mainstream accounting opportunities - they require additional skills/qualifications.

The banking sector appears to be hiring quite often, but it depends what your area is - risk, project management, product management and customer service have a number of opportunities.

Generally, there's more opportunities in project management/coordination, data analysis, and process improvement. I'd advise you do your search based on key words as you may eliminate numerous opportunites that match your skills, because of a difference in titles.

You specified "non-IT industry", but generally, most opportunities are linked to IT in some way, though they may not be at a tech company. For example, some of the customer service roles in the banks are intended to improve services, products etc from a customer service perspective and involve implementation of tech solutions etc. however, they may not require a tech background. So I'd advise you keep an open mind, be ready to try new things - do your research, make informed decisions.

I'm not sure if this helps, but it should give you a general feel of the job market.

All the best.
Hi. Thanks for replying in detail. I will look into the some of the sites and see what the real scenario is.

appidisr

Dec 22, 2015
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016
@atzquebec Hi - Could you tell in which year you started application for Quebec and how long it took to get the Visa?

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
appidisr said:
@atzquebec Hi - Could you tell in which year you started application for Quebec and how long it took to get the Visa?
Applied 3 years ago.

imran364

Sep 8, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am landing in Dec 2016 in Montreal. i am working as accountant since 9 years in gulf. please guide me about survival jobs ? i dont know French.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
imran364 said:
i am landing in Dec 2016 in Montreal. i am working as accountant since 9 years in gulf. please guide me about survival jobs ? i dont know French.
Hi
The first thing you should do is find a settlement agency that offers language services and enroll in their program. About 8 weeks. By the end of the program you will have, at least, intermediate level proficiency in French. The agencies also offer job search training and placement, some. That said, it is possible for you to find work without French, it's just difficult.

I'd advise you start talking to recruiters in Montreal, theyll give you some great advice and possibly find a placement for you.