Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
rhenanjay said:
hello guys just wanted to know if ung mga additional pages sa mga answers ko dun da IMM5490, kelangan ko po bang i affix ang aking signature doon?
I'm not sure if its required , but for us, we did sign additional pages

rhenanjay said:
dun po ba sa IMM5490 under dun sa question 19,18,15,9 d po ba provide photos, so ibang set of photos pa dun sa country specific instructions na humihingi ng wedding photos, old and new photos?
for us, the photos we attached to IMM 5490 are different from the set of photos for proof of relationship.

rhenanjay said:
hello guys. am i going to have my birth certificate, advisory on marriage and certificate of marriage notarized bago ipadala sa sponsor ko?
if it is issued by NSO and printed on NSO paper, no need to have them notarized

;D ;D ;D

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
Great work! And I agree this should be stickied to the top of the page.

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
aerogurl87 said:
Great work! And I agree this should be stickied to the top of the page.
Thanks =)

rhenanjay

Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pelipeli said:
I'm not sure if its required , but for us, we did sign additional pages

for us, the photos we attached to IMM 5490 are different from the set of photos for proof of relationship.

if it is issued by NSO and printed on NSO paper, no need to have them notarized

;D ;D ;D
what documents are needed to be photocopied po? and notarized?

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
pelipeli said:
First of all, THANK YOU for posting this because I am in the process of putting together our application before I go to Canada for our wedding. :)

On the relationship essay, I would like to know what is its difference with the answer on "How you developed your relationship?" I actually started to write the answer for that and it is actually like a blow by blow account of how we became a couple and a husband and wife. We are actually just 8 months as a couple before getting married, do you think the VO would see it as too fast?

Can you provide pointers on what it should contain?
Also, I included my mom in the application even though she is not a valid dependent because I read in the guide that I need to include all my family members whether accompanying me or not. Otherwise, I might not be able to sponsor her in the future. Do I still need to fill out an Additional Family Information form for her?

also, some additional questions:

1. where do you get the client ID? will this be given to you before submitting the application?
2. can our Philippine passports be considered as national identity document? In IMM008, this was asked but not sure if it's ok to refer my passport twice.

Thank you so much!

rhenanjay

Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dun po ba sa generic application, ung number of family members, isa lang po ba ilalagay? dun po sa additional family information kc nilagay ko names ng mother father and my two sisters.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
koala18 said:
Also, I included my mom in the application even though she is not a valid dependent because I read in the guide that I need to include all my family members whether accompanying me or not.
Don't include your mother as part of your application. For spousal applications, "family members" means your spouse or common-law/conjugal partner, and children. It does not mean what 'family members' usually means.

However, for the form called "Additional Family Information, IMM5406, CIC does want details of the applicant's parents, children, and siblings. So your mother must be included there (if you are the applicant).

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
canadianwoman said:
Don't include your mother as part of your application. For spousal applications, "family members" means your spouse or common-law/conjugal partner, and children. It does not mean what 'family members' usually means.

However, for the form called "Additional Family Information, IMM5406, CIC does want details of the applicant's parents, children, and siblings. So your mother must be included there (if you are the applicant).
Great! Thank you!
How about the national identity document? Can I input there my passport as well? Or are they asking for a different one?

rhenanjay

Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianwoman said:

i want to quote this, are u saying that the form which asks for additional family members, i shouldn't include anyone in my usual family? my wife is from canada, she is my sponsor, and we are newly wed.. we don't have any child yet. does this mean that i am the only one in this application?

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
pelipeli said:
Hi! canadianwoman is right, sorry I missed your post the first time.
For proof of rel'p, we just made one set and presented them in the third envelope so as to present is as a separate set of docs from the sponsor's and applicant's which is implying that the proofs are for both of us =)

Thank you so much for appreciating =)
Hi PeliPeli, there are questions in IMM 5490 that would need to refer to the supporting documents (i.e. evidence of trips/ visits such as boarding passes, etc., pictures) is it ok to include in the answer to just 'refer to the supporting documents envelope'? or should we still include it in the second envelope as documentary evidence?

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rhenanjay said:
what documents are needed to be photocopied po? and notarized?
What do you mean, coz documents should be originals and nothing is "needed" to be photocopied and notarized... I'm referring to documents like NBI, Birth, Marriage certificate, AOR.. , not to proof of relationship documents...

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
koala18 said:
Hi PeliPeli, there are questions in IMM 5490 that would need to refer to the supporting documents (i.e. evidence of trips/ visits such as boarding passes, etc., pictures) is it ok to include in the answer to just 'refer to the supporting documents envelope'? or should we still include it in the second envelope as documentary evidence?
Well, I guess you could do that, I thought about that too, but I did not want to risk it, so I just attached some of them anyway in the form, I think you are talking about the development of rel'p question..
What I attached for that depended on what our answer to that question was. Like I told the story of how we developed as a couple , how we got closer , trips, family occasions, movie dates, etc, so I attached the documentary evidences for those things to form 5490 like movie passes, tickets for trips, pictures for family occasions. We did repeat some of them in the proof of relationship coz our proof of rel'p depicts a timeline of our relationship and some of the events already discussed in 5490 are also essential in the timeline so we had to repeat those.

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
koala18 said:
First of all, THANK YOU for posting this because I am in the process of putting together our application before I go to Canada for our wedding. :)

On the relationship essay, I would like to know what is its difference with the answer on "How you developed your relationship?" I actually started to write the answer for that and it is actually like a blow by blow account of how we became a couple and a husband and wife. We are actually just 8 months as a couple before getting married, do you think the VO would see it as too fast?

Can you provide pointers on what it should contain?

1. where do you get the client ID? will this be given to you before submitting the application?
2. can our Philippine passports be considered as national identity document? In IMM008, this was asked but not sure if it's ok to refer my passport twice.

Thank you so much!
On relationship essay, I posted an answer in one of the threads for this:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-detail-should-our-spouse-sponsorship-applcation-be-t97849.0.html;msg1321308#msg1321308

let me just repeat it here:
hi, for us we did an essay type. for my hubby's (applicant) essay, he more or less talked about what we enjoy doing together, our plans and dreams, how he thinks we are meant to be... for my essay (sponsor) i basically summarized our rel'p from start to present from my point of view. it may seem like it is the same as the "dev't of relationship" but for that section it dealt with facts like activities we did, trips, ocasions, etc. . For my essay it was more subjective.. i divided it into sections like meetin him for the first time (how i saw him that time), dating phase (why and how i fell in love with him) , getting engaged, why i feel he was the one for me, rel'p issues we had (me converting to his religion), married life ( things we enjoy doing) i also talked about my first meeting with his parents, our dreams and plans for the future, i even wrote there the number of kids we want and their names ! lol ..in short it was a more personal view on the development of relationship.. i read much on the Canlii website (appeal cases) and I have come to know from there that VO's do really look into and give weight to how well you and your spouse know each other's personal details, attitudes, daily routine, future plans, etc. in assessing the genuineness of your relationship , so it really helps that you talk about those stuff .

Client id- if you are the applicant, you do not have this yet. Leave it blank, coz u will be getting this I think upon sponsor approval.
National Identity doc- Leave this blank, we don't have one in the Phils.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First thanks pelipeli I have not seen this thread before applying however I did almost the same. I was going to share how I did it, it still would not have been as detailed and comprehensive as your post.
Anyway, now I am keeping an eye on your progress since my application is organized similar to yours. They send a bad message by not processing your application quickly.
I have thought in my mind after sending my application they would send me a thanks letter since I helped them greatly in organzing the application. ;)
Now I think CIC should send you a thanks letter
pelipeli said:
What do you mean, coz it is required to submit original documents, i think...
certified photocopies for translations

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dr Eng X said:
First thanks pelipeli I have not seen this thread before applying however I did almost the same. I was going to share how I did it, it still would not have been as detailed and comprehensive as your post.
Anyway, now I am keeping an eye on your progress since my application is organized similar to yours. They send a bad message by not processing your application quickly.
I have thought in my mind after sending my application they would send me a thanks letter since I helped them greatly in organzing the application. ;)
Now I think CIC should send you a thanks letter
Hahaha, thanks for this. No, I don't want to expect that the way I did it will help the processing become faster (although my husband insists that it will), coz I don't want to get my hopes up, but of course deep inside I am secretly hoping it would ;D and it would be great if we get a thank you for making their job easier by having everything neat and organized, hahaha ;D

I sent the app on Jan 25 and CIC updated working on Jan 25 apps yesterday, so I guess they are still opening the package.. =)