15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
gettingcrazy said:
Is there a required size for envelops and paper? thanks!
No, wasn't in instructions. We sent all our papers in A4 size since we don't use letter-size here. We have our SA, so size wasn't a prob! Only thing that is said in instructions is not to include paper clips etc.

gettingcrazy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Aniabella said:
No, wasn't in instructions. We sent all our papers in A4 size since we don't use letter-size here. We have our SA, so size wasn't a prob! Only thing that is said in instructions is not to include paper clips etc.
thanks! same here printed everything on A4 and organizing them on long brown envelops. Binder clips are fine a suppose?

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
gettingcrazy said:
thanks! same here printed everything on A4 and organizing them on long brown envelops. Binder clips are fine a suppose?
I guess it depends where you're applying for, it was from Western Europe instructions. Apparently even there you can use a paper clip to attach papers. Besides, never heard anyone being returned the applicaton just for using too many folders and paper clips :D

gettingcrazy

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Can i use a double sided tape to attached each photo on a pager rather than using a glue? thanks! I' am a lil anxious that using tapes aren't allowed as-well. thanks!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
gettingcrazy said:
Can i use a double sided tape to attached each photo on a pager rather than using a glue? thanks! I' am a lil anxious that using tapes aren't allowed as-well. thanks!
I don't think there is a problem with tape. Just make sure it is secure and won't come unstuck and get stuck somewhere it shouldn't be.

A much better option is to compile your pictures in a Microsoft program (power point or whatever) and then u can put a heading beside them. It will be less heavy and more clean. That's what I did. 2 -3 pictures per page. A main heading on top and description beside each photo.

nezya

May 16, 2010
gettingcrazy said:
why don't you just write the information at the back of the photos and put them in the envelope, that's what I did. don't make it too complicated.

M

mikeymyke

Hey guys, tonight I just finished completing my application for my Vietnamese wife . Now I will mail it out tomorrow afternoon, it took so long to compile the evidences and photos, but I'm confident there are minimal red flags in our application, and we have lots of evidence of relationship and communication, and such. The package came out to 10 lbs, and is 7 inches thick. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress of our application! Best of luck to everyone. Thanks to pelipeli and many people here for your tips on organizing the proofs. I did things a bit differently, but kept everything organized inside the envelopes. I had to split up the proof of relationships into 5 separate envelopes, because each piece of proof: communication, photos, letters/gifts, etc are far too large to fit into one envelope, had to break it up into 5.

riz.hash

Star Member
May 28, 2012
just a quick question. do we have to use a4 envelop only or. legal and a3 could bhe used too? my proof are in a4 so cnt fit them in a4 i used legal sized envelops. then to put legal envelop i used a3 envelop

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Laurier said:
why no staplers?
things get lost when they're just paperclipped
I think it's because the person working on your case has to scan each page onto the computer to file. If there are hundreds of staples they have to remove each one by hand, and that can easily get frustrating.
Not sure if that's the actual reason, but that's my assumption.

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
Zarilenth said:
I think it's because the person working on your case has to scan each page onto the computer to file. If there are hundreds of staples they have to remove each one by hand, and that can easily get frustrating.
Not sure if that's the actual reason, but that's my assumption.
correct, they have to scan everything. ;D

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
riz.hash said:
just a quick question. do we have to use a4 envelop only or. legal and a3 could bhe used too? my proof are in a4 so cnt fit them in a4 i used legal sized envelops. then to put legal envelop i used a3 envelop
my proof were in A4 too, and I used legal sized envelope. I don't think we have A4 envelopes in the Philippines, or at least in the shop where I bought my supplies. Lol.
This is no problem as long as your papers are all safe and secure. some people even send in a box.

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mikeymyke said:
Well, if pelipeli can get her husband a PR visa in just 4 months after sponsor approval with that kind of package, if I make a bigger and more comprehensive package than her as described above, hopefully I can get between 4-6 months after sponsor approval, to get the PR visa for my wife. Once I send off my application, which will be very soon, I'll keep you guys posted
haha, good one. ;D I would like to think that our "package" made a difference , but as many have said, quality over quantity, and it all depends on individual cases.
During our time, 4 months was the average time (based on actual times of our batch) it took for Stage 2 in our VO. Ours even took a little longer than our batchmates. Although the website posted an average time of 9 months at that time.

Goodluck on your application, hoping for a speedy process! :D

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
police clearence expired had to redo in Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
:eek: :eek:.. this made my head hurt.. i probably should not have opened this thread AFTER i applied.. lol.. its just SO LONG and SO MUCH that I dont feel any officer would even look at half that stuff.. The timeline is impressive so i guess it does work.. but sometimes i think providing too much could just cause you more problems and make it harder on the visa officer .. Again i dont see the purpose of sending chat logs and conversations which could very well be falsified, or are not understandable anyways. Also it is perfectly resonable not to keep conversations from 2010 on your computer when you just start dating (as getting married and keeping evidence for sponsorship is not on many peoples minds when they just begin their relationship). Anyways this is my own personal opinion.. I just want to give a little input for people like me who may not have included SO MUCH with their application....

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lalaBiH said:
:eek: :eek:.. this made my head hurt.. i probably should not have opened this thread AFTER i applied.. lol.. its just SO LONG and SO MUCH that I dont feel any officer would even look at half that stuff.. The timeline is impressive so i guess it does work.. but sometimes i think providing too much could just cause you more problems and make it harder on the visa officer .. Again i dont see the purpose of sending chat logs and conversations which could very well be falsified, or are not understandable anyways. Also it is perfectly resonable not to keep conversations from 2010 on your computer when you just start dating (as getting married and keeping evidence for sponsorship is not on many peoples minds when they just begin their relationship). Anyways this is my own personal opinion.. I just want to give a little input for people like me who may not have included SO MUCH with their application....
you're right, but then again, it all depends on what country you're coming from, and your situation is.. many people need to send more because of more complicated situations, therefore the need to prove more/ convince the VO more. I also agree that some people would not normally keep conversations from when you started dating, but then again some people are also that sentimental and would keep any mementos even at the start of the relationship (I know I did), though I lost a whole lot of our early convos and photos from crashed PC's, Friendster shutting down, and lost cellphones over the years.