+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How I get my visa and permit to study in Quebec CANADA! My experience...

Jan 5, 2014
I want to share with everybody my story how I get study in Canada and apply for immigration.

It was not easy and long process and I try to get information throw agency and some company who looks like help with documents etc... But it was just a screamers who was interested to get they money and commission. And all information for application was difficult and closed.

By coincidence I met one girl in Interned who help me with all process and application and finally Iam here!:)
I tell to myself that if anybody ever need help and consultation I would be happy to do it! Because I was the same...

So I know that the most easiest way to Immigrate to Canada its throw study. A lot of International Student trying to get to University for 4-6 years. But it is not the easiest way. Because by the law you can not apply for immigration until the end of your programer. The price in University is too high for an international students. And after University you still need to get a work experience that helps you to archive your goal and immigrate. For myself I found out its not practical! I attend Database Administration program, because this job its exactly what government need now in my province.

I apply for study in college. Its much more cheaper than university and if college have some program that government interested in it will be non taxable too. Why I recommend college for immigration:

1. Its cheaper than university
2. A lot of colleges proved co-op programs that meant study and work practice
3. Possible to apply to work permit after 6 month of professional study
4. If you take a professional program college providing with free language courses
5. The college program takes 1-2 years maximum and after this you can apply for your Permanent Residence in Canada

And after then when you have you documents here you can always apply and study with a discount in any university.
I also recommend to apply to Quebec, Montreal. Why I recommend Quebec for immigration:

1. Its more easiest from all other province
2. Its a French Speaking Province and to get to learn French here gives you a lot of points for your immigration (you can learn in your College for free if you choose professional study programs or just separate)
3. Level of life more cheaper for student that in other province (accommodation, food, education...)
4. City Montreal its a mix of American and European culture. Its easy for adaptation.

If someone need help or would like to get information, Iam open to share my experience because we are all an international students and Immigrants!:) Lets share our experience and knowledge...

My email: z0908070605@gmail.com

Good luck to all!!!!:))))

Reactions: Shiva214

chiranjeev

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
MTL_Student2014 said:
I want to share with everybody my story how I get study in Canada and apply for immigration.

It was not easy and long process and I try to get information throw agency and some company who looks like help with documents etc... But it was just a screamers who was interested to get they money and commission. And all information for application was difficult and closed.

By coincidence I met one girl in Interned who help me with all process and application and finally Iam here!:)
I tell to myself that if anybody ever need help and consultation I would be happy to do it! Because I was the same...

So I know that the most easiest way to Immigrate to Canada its throw study. A lot of International Student trying to get to University for 4-6 years. But it is not the easiest way. Because by the law you can not apply for immigration until the end of your programer. The price in University is too high for an international students. And after University you still need to get a work experience that helps you to archive your goal and immigrate. For myself I found out its not practical! I attend Database Administration program, because this job its exactly what government need now in my province.

I apply for study in college. Its much more cheaper than university and if college have some program that government interested in it will be non taxable too. Why I recommend college for immigration:

4. If you take a professional program college providing with free language courses
5. The college program takes 1-2 years maximum and after this you can apply for your Permanent Residence in Canada

And after then when you have you documents here you can always apply and study with a discount in any university.
I also recommend to apply to Quebec, Montreal. Why I recommend Quebec for immigration:

2. Its a French Speaking Province and to get to learn French here gives you a lot of points for your immigration (you can learn in your College for free if you choose professional study programs or just separate)
3. Level of life more cheaper for student that in other province (accommodation, food, education...)
4. City Montreal its a mix of American and European culture. Its easy for adaptation.

If someone need help or would like to get information, Iam open to share my experience because we are all an international students and Immigrants!:) Lets share our experience and knowledge...

My email: z0908070605 @ gmail.com

These kind of informations are of extreme valuable for students who are applying for higher studies. Thnk you so much brother :)

Reactions: Shiva214

tiger007

Champion Member
DIRECT CANADIAN PR via Quebec -

Quebec graduate stream (PEQ) :
Do any 2 acd. years/ 1800 hours (usually 13-16 months, depending upon the DVS diploma) UG diploma course or 2 UG courses combining to total 1800 hours of study in Quebec, or Bachelor/Master/PHD degrees.. in Quebec in FRENCH medium OR if studies done in English medium then show minimum UPPER intermediate level FRENCH language proficiency (from Aug 1 2013).. like passing DLEF B2 exam (with required marks of 16/25 in Listening and Speaking and overall minimum 50/100). Then onc can qualify for direct CSQ/ Quebec selection certificate within 20 days under this stream . No questions asked but French UPPER intermediate level compulsory. When the international student receives Quebec CSQ, then he/she can directly apply for PR with the federal Govt. In reality, this is one of the easiest PR programme.. no work ex or job offer needed nor any need to wok for any number of months... nothing.
www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/index.html
Eligible educational qualifications : http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/diploma-eligible.html

But, big hurdle is learning French (upper intermediate/Level 4/ DELF B2 exam)... especially for South Asian students or others with no background in French. Not impossible, but quiet challenging.

On other hand, Quebec is an excellent destination for those who already speak French as 2nd or 3rd language... like those from North African-Arab countries, other French speaking mainland African countries, Mauritius etc.

chiranjeev

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
tiger007 said:

Do any 2 acd. years/ 1800 hours (usually 13-16 months, depending upon the DVS diploma) UG diploma course or 2 UG courses combining to total 1800 hours of study in Quebec, or Bachelor/Master/PHD degrees.. in Quebec in FRENCH medium OR if studies done in English medium then show minimum UPPER intermediate level FRENCH language proficiency (from Aug 1 2013).. like passing DLEF B2 exam (with required marks of 16/25 in Listening and Speaking and overall minimum 50/100). Then once can qualify for direct CSQ/ Quebec selection certificate within 20 days under this stream . No questions asked but French UPPER intermediate level compulsory. When the international student receives Quebec CSQ, then he/she can directly apply for PR with the federal Govt. In reality, this is one of the easiest PR programme.. no work ex or job offer needed nor any need to wok for any number of months... nothing.
www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/index.html
Eligible educational qualifications : http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/diploma-eligible.html

But, big hurdle is learning French (upper intermediate/Level 4/ DELF B2 exam)... especially for South Asian students or others with no background in French. Not impossible, but quiet challenging.

On other hand, Quebec is an excellent destination for those who already speak French as 2nd or 3rd language... like those from North African-Arab countries, other French speaking mainland African countries, Mauritius etc.
Thnks a lot for such a valuable information Tiger! :).....

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
MTL_Student2014 said:

thanks a lot for the information....brother...

dawood42

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thnx a lot for sharing this.

i am planning to come to Montreal in sept 2014 for MS at Concordia Uni.
i have heard that it creates a lot of problems for international students to find part time jobs and also professional jobs in Quebec due to French language barrier.
what is your opinion ?

hassancheema36

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
what about trends now a days about govrnment requirments ? like which subject they wants...wat subjects are more attractive for govt.... how can we know ?

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
tiger007 said:

Do any 2 acd. years/ 1800 hours (usually 13-16 months, depending upon the DVS diploma) UG diploma course or 2 UG courses combining to total 1800 hours of study in Quebec, or Bachelor/Master/PHD degrees.. in Quebec in FRENCH medium OR if studies done in English medium then show minimum UPPER intermediate level FRENCH language proficiency (from Aug 1 2013).. like passing DLEF B2 exam (with required marks of 16/25 in Listening and Speaking and overall minimum 50/100). Then onc can qualify for direct CSQ/ Quebec selection certificate within 20 days under this stream . No questions asked but French UPPER intermediate level compulsory. When the international student receives Quebec CSQ, then he/she can directly apply for PR with the federal Govt. In reality, this is one of the easiest PR programme.. no work ex or job offer needed nor any need to wok for any number of months... nothing.

thnks for the info tiger

Jan 5, 2014
dawood42 said:

i have heard that it creates a lot of problems for international students to find part time jobs and also professional jobs in Quebec due to French language barrier.
what is your opinion ?
To work in Montreal you might at least to know minimum French. As I know for students a lot of university's provides free or low price French Courses.
To know language faster and better I recommend to take at least few months of French intensive courses at language school.
By the Canadian law international student s allow to work in campus. So probably there is a kind of job without knowledge of French.

Good luck and waiting you in Montreal!:)

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
dawood42 said:

what is your opinion ?
yes part jobs r difficult without knowledge of french also professional jobs r hard to come by without knowledge of french so opt for a different province if u dont know french.

Ambitious15

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

First, I want to thank you for such information, it's really very helpfull and encouraging so thank you so much.

Since you are already in quebec, you will know much more than me because I am outside canada, you have said that ("I apply for study in college. Its much more cheaper than university and if college have some program that government interested in it will be non taxable too") let me give you information sent to me from a university in Montreal an a CEGEP in Quebec too, this information lists the tuition and living expenses for one year in addition to all other necessary expenses :
the university is Ecole de Technologie Supérieur, program Master 45 credits at least 16 months of full time study :

Tuition (3 terms 9 credits)
13 401.99 $
Other compulsory fees (3 terms 9 credits)
$ 643.95
School supplies ($ 300 per quarter)
$ 900.00
Accommodation ($ 600 per month x 12 months)
7 $ 200.00
Home insurance ($ 25 per month x 12 months)
$ 300.00
Installation costs
$ 800.00
Livelihoods ($ 400 per month x 12 months)
4 800.00 $
Transportation in Montreal (OPUS card monthly discounted) ($ 43.75 per month x 12 months)
$ 525.00
Health insurance Desjardins
$ 996.00
Dental Insurance * (per year)
$ 137.00
Development Fund and Fund ETS sustainable development * ($ 20 per term)
TOTAL FOR THE YEAR
29 763.94 $
TOTAL PER MONTH
2 480.25 $

Now : Any "Cegep" in Quebec program (Technologie de l'Electronique Industrielle) which they call (programmes physique)

Medicare hospitalization and $ 816

Fees and tuition

$ 15,800

Costs incurred $ 400.
Books and Supplies $ 450
Housing $ 5,000
Food $ 4,000
Winter Clothing $ 600
Transport $ 325
Miscellaneous $ 700 Laundry, telephone, internet, furniture, etc..
Social and sporting activities $ 1,500 cinemas, museums, attractions, etc..

as you see brother there is no huge difference between college and univ right ? may be 1000 $ or less !!

Please brother if I am mistaken or something is wrong above in these numbers please tell me to be ready okey ?

hammadi_16

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MTL_Student2014 said:

Dear Waiting for you to confirm me for my admission. Thanks

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
MTL_Student2014 said:

Hi

Please share the admission process fro your college

genpaks

Mar 5, 2014
I would like to ask if do they accept international students that were not able to finish a Bachelors degree? but was able to have more than 100 units in college? Is it necessary that you must be a degree holder? thanks :)

Dec 8, 2013
genpaks said:
I would like to ask if do they accept international students that were not able to finish a Bachelors degree? but was able to have more than 100 units in college? Is it necessary that you must be a degree holder? thanks :)
No, you not necessary to have a degree. You going to get your degree in Canada.