+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How heavy was your application? :-)

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hey folks,

Just wanted to tell you guys my application was sent today....9 pounds of documents. Just curious so see what is the norm?

Thanks

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Well, lets say 60 photos- tons of phone records, bills, rental receipts, travel documents, hotel confirmations....we organized it nicely in folders..but I would think the folder would make up a pound...

I just hope it's 9 pounds of great evidence...

we are applying under common law...so we have a lot to prove.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
9 pounds??!!! Good grief! Sorry to say, but I think you wasted your time putting everything in folders. They will likely just annoy the IO who will probably toss them out.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
No I don't think it will be that bad....Three folders for Applications, to divide our sponsors application, sponsered person application, and one other for other documents. All proof of evidence was in about 5 folder...they were labeled travel, phone records, other proof, etc etc. Everything was nicely printed on labels and it looked really good, I don't mind if they toss them out or not the point is it's very very organized and they can play with it or sort it any way they want to....however I will think the IO will be happy.....and tossing out a few folder will not be a huge task....

The folder did not add much weight I can assure you that....we had a lot we had and we checked everything like 10 times to make sure we only sending what they were asking for...

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
robertbola,

I think mine was about 4.5 lbs...

But like you said, you are applying for common-law and you have more to prove so don't worry about it weighing to much. There is no rule that applies to that ;)... and as for possibly annoying the IO, I'm sure having it organized in folders with labels will aid them :)

Good luck and please update us on any news you may have to help others!

ct

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
I guess if you are sponsoring your wife or husband evidence does not have to be as concrete...as a common law I guess you have to send more information to confirm that the relationship is geniuine. We had a lot of stuff in this application, however the key is making it as organize as possible not to confuse or annoy the IO processing our application.

Gemini13

Apr 24, 2009
Don't know the exact weight but a LOT of stuff went in with the application.
We're still waiting for their decision (it's been almost 6 months).
I just hope they hurry the hell up and don't ask for more stuff! This wait is more than enough to drive anyone insane :(