+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How frequent are the CIT520 requests? Tips & Tricks

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hey there fellas,

I am submitting my grant of citizenship application [CIT 0002] online on June 1st of this year. I know that there are reported delays but I'll cross my fingers.
Physical presence: 1101 days on the application date. I already have the whole application ready. Just waiting for June 1st to hit submit.

My application is pretty simple and straightforward. A single applicant with zero travels outside Canada throughout eligibility period, consistently filed my taxes while including my SIN.

How frequent are the CIT520 requests? Is it usually sent to ones who had lots of travel? Should I attach previous leases before hand? They don't ask for it on the application but I guess I can include it in the optional docs section? I

What are tips and tricks would you advise someone doing before applying? Is an Ontario high school transcript enough to satisfy the proof of language?
Also, I see a thread of people posting their timelines and the admin says "added". What does that mean? Added to their profile description? Sorry, I'm a new member so I'm acclimating here.

TIA!

ashin86

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Hey there fellas,

I am submitting my grant of citizenship application [CIT 0002] online on June 1st of this year. I know that there are reported delays but I'll cross my fingers.
Physical presence: 1101 days on the application date. I already have the whole application ready. Just waiting for June 1st to hit submit.

My application is pretty simple and straightforward. A single applicant with zero travels outside Canada throughout eligibility period, consistently filed my taxes while including my SIN.

How frequent are the CIT520 requests? Is it usually sent to ones who had lots of travel? Should I attach previous leases before hand? They don't ask for it on the application but I guess I can include it in the optional docs section? I

What are tips and tricks would you advise someone doing before applying? Is an Ontario high school transcript enough to satisfy the proof of language?
Also, I see a thread of people posting their timelines and the admin says "added". What does that mean? Added to their profile description? Sorry, I'm a new member so I'm acclimating here.

TIA!
Hey
They have a excel document to which everyone keeps adding their timelines
As u submit ur file u may see someone may share it on this forum
Check language requirements whatever they accept

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hey there fellas,

TIA!
CIT520: Dont try to imagine on how many people would get and whether you would get or not. No one knows. Just collect the documents and keep it and if they ask then provide them. Its all random and no criteria to be asked for some and some dont get to asked.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2019-citizenship-applicants.625579/page-191#post-9074993

Try to submit the application based on the instructions given.

Watch the threads and try to learn and be patience. you will get to know the terms as you have lot of time to reach those stages. Ask only the ones required right now. One step at a time.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
CIT520: Dont try to imagine on how many people would get and whether you would get or not. No one knows. Just collect the documents and keep it and if they ask then provide them. Its all random and no criteria to be asked for some and some dont get to asked.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2019-citizenship-applicants.625579/page-191#post-9074993

Try to submit the application based on the instructions given.

Watch the threads and try to learn and be patience. you will get to know the terms as you have lot of time to reach those stages. Ask only the ones required right now. One step at a time.
I can't believe it. Their SSL certificate is still not renewed! Usually the payment is supposed to be automatic. SSL certificate only costs a few dollars a month!

Reactions: harirajmohan

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hey there fellas,

TIA!
if you have lived 3/5 years or more, and you have filed taxes 3/5 or more, no more information is needed.
your language based on the Ontario transcript and diploma (both)
actually working/stadying
no long trips out canada
your file might be good,,, and time is getting better, the 27 month is for all files.
I got my citizenship in 15 months and passport in 2 months.
just asked me for fingerprint
I did not send passport page copies, jus biometrical, of 2 passports
good luck

Reactions: snoopyta

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I can't believe it. Their SSL certificate is still not renewed! Usually the payment is supposed to be automatic. SSL certificate only costs a few dollars a month!
i guess is a cyber attack,,, in other countries immmigrations pages too

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hey there fellas,

TIA!
Don't over think it. In your application, be 100% accurate; even if something looks weird, report it as is because that will be simpler to explain / clarify if required. I was quite certain in my application that I would not get one, but I did. So, there is no guarantee that you will get one or not. For those who have extensive travel, especially to the Middle East, are likely checked thoroughly. Don't unnecessarily provide documents that are not asked for. Sometimes over-evidence can be detrimental.