+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how fast is diplomatic mail?

B

boyee6576

I had won my appeal for spousal sponsorship in March. I called to see if my file has left Ottawa for the visa office overseas, and I was told that my file has been sent to delhi by dipolmatic mail. Anyone know how fast that is? I am very curious to know. thanks

B

boyee6576

Hmm I am wondering.... how will the volcanic ash thing play in documents being sent to overseas visa offices? I guess there is bound to be some delay?

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
Diplomatic mail is as about as fast as a snail going up hill!

OK, I guess that really depends on where itis going and how often mail gets sent there. Here is my personal experience. We won our case on Nov. 12 in Edmonton. I was told that in a week or 10 days later, we would get a letter from IRB Vancouver stating that we won our case. A copy of this letter had to go back with our file to Damascus. Everything was reported to have left Edmonton November 24 to go to Ottawa to be sent to the visa post.

As of the 1st of March, the visa post said they had not recieved it. It was not till March 22 did we hear anything and that was a request for additional paperwork. So I am sad to say it took somewhere around 4 months just to get there. :eek:

B

boyee6576

WOW!!! I have read on other forums that Damascus is a bit slow moving but I really hope you hear something soon. This process really tests your patience and mental strength as I am sure you know very well. I am in that boat with you :)

My file is going to New Delhi. I am in New Brunswick and won our appeal on March 16th of this year (dealing with Montreal office). I called yesterday to see if my file has left Ottawa and all they could tell me is that it was sent. Dont know what day it left or if its just packaged up and waiting to go. Which drives me completely insane. I have read on other forums that Delhi is a bit faster than others but again how fast is fast? I wonder how spousal sponsorship applications are sent to there respective visa offices? Do they go they same as appeals through diplomatic mail or what?

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
for us really it wasn't Damascus being slow for once, it was Ottawa. Maybe they only send things there once very 3 months? who knows. Hopefully yours will get there faster!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mingus said:
for us really it wasn't Damascus being slow for once, it was Ottawa. Maybe they only send things there once very 3 months? who knows. Hopefully yours will get there faster!

There a diplomatic couriers that work for Dfait. They fly around the world delivering mail in "diplomatic bags". It depends on the size of the office as to how often, a large office maybe once a week, a smaller office once a month.

B

boyee6576

I hope delhi is one office that gets their diplomatic mail once a week. That would mean my file should be there. I am anxious for this to all be over with even though I know it still could be months before this is all said and done
Thanks for the info PMM

B

boyee6576

How are the sponsorship applications sent to the visa offices, the same way?

B

boyee6576

Wow! Well I can only hope that our appeal gets there as fast as the sponshorship application did. That took only a week. Keeping my fingers crossed this goes just as fast.

Your a wealth of information PMM. thanks :)

C

cocokamal

hello all friends,
I am new to this post and I am really excited to join this group canada/damascus and all of you whether in or out land applications.
I am sending my spouse application to damascus after we won our appeal last week, done all new passport, medical and police ceritficate that need to be translated for sure, we are sending a big package to damascus along with new sponsorship application along with supplementary form and hoping that we will be together soon here in canada.

anyone in this situation please any advice or comments. I cant wait to hear some good news from damascus and congrts to all who has finished their journey.
cocokamal

C

cocokamal

Hello all,
my file shows in process at damascus anyone in same situation please share your status,
thanks,
cocokamal