+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How fast can an immigrant divorce without losing the permanent residence?

Ben54321

Apr 7, 2010
Hello alltogether,

I'm interested, how fast its possible after recieving the Canadian permanent residence Visa to make a divorce from her husband without losing the Canadian permanent residence.

My friend has the oppinion, that she could arrive in Canada and divorce very shortly after and would keep her permanent residence Visa.
I dont think like this, however I have no idea of immigration rules and laws.

May be you can help me. Thank you VERY much!!!

Ben

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
I think you should do the decent thing and tell your friend's sponsor what she is planning.

Ben54321

Apr 7, 2010
He knows it.

For me its important to know, what the laws and regulations say, because i can only convince her with arguments, that its not as simple as she has it in her mind.

So do you know the regulations?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
If he knows it then why is he sponsoring her?
They are both abusing the system. It is people like this that continue to make it harder for genuine couples to immigrate.

Do the right thing and report it NOW. Please if not for friend or yourself but at least for this country and for all the genuine couples out there suffering due to people cheating the system. If she wants to immigrate than she should do it on her own. Don't go making a shortcut because then all of us suffer due to what they are doing. It is called marriage of convenience for a reason. Look it up either on the CIC site or in Google if you are not sure about it.

As I said, please report it. Too many people here are suffering due to exactly what your so called "friends" are doing.
Do the right thing and help put a stop to it.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no special time limit. Some people have divorced right away and have gotten away with it but sometimes if the sponsor complains to immigration that he was the victim of a marriage fraud, the case may be investigated and the sponsored person can lose their PR. This can even happen years later.

There is a big risk to the sponsor also because he would be financially responsible for her for 3 years after she gets her PR. If she can not find a job and goes on welfare, even if she gets sick and has to go on disability, he will get the bill to pay back every cent the government pays to her for 3 years after she lands.

Ben54321

Apr 7, 2010
First of all, its not me. I live and im born in the Center of Europe, so there is no reason for me to make a marriage with any Canadian person.

I can understand that this is an emotinal point for some people. And i respect that this can result in false accusations.

For me the case is very simple, i need arguments against it or problems which can result of it!!!

I'm sorry loveYoung, but as you can imagine i will not destroy the plan of my friend. She is an adult and has to know what is right or wrong. I prefer to show her the consequences of what she wants to do and like this open her eyes.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Here's the thing. I do believe you are in entirely the wrong place to be asking these questions.

You need to be asking them on a legal forum, or your friend needs to just go and get some legal advice if it is that important/urgent for her to get a divorce.

This forum is for couples/families trying to reunite, and dealing with the stresses of Immigration...the last thing we are in a position to offer anyone is advice on how to separate from their spouse after they have gained the exact same thing we are working towards!

It's called "pouring salt on the wound", and the more you flog the topic, the more likely you will irritate people instead of getting the advice you are seeking.

So, please, tell your friend to consult a legal forum, or consult a lawyer if she can afford it.

R

robrod

Well put, CharlieD.
No wonder why things have turned ugly for the rest of us on legit marriages and sponshorships...
What a shame some people can get away with illegit and fraudulent ones...

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
I assume it's people like that that make this process so much longer and difficult for the real couples. :(

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Ben54321 said:
First of all, its not me. I live and im born in the Center of Europe, so there is no reason for me to make a marriage with any Canadian person.

I can understand that this is an emotinal point for some people. And i respect that this can result in false accusations.

For me the case is very simple, i need arguments against it or problems which can result of it!!!

I'm sorry loveYoung, but as you can imagine i will not destroy the plan of my friend. She is an adult and has to know what is right or wrong. I prefer to show her the consequences of what she wants to do and like this open her eyes.
If its not you then why did you type the following words in the other thread?

You said:

"That would be no problem, my wife would claim that i had sex with other women. She wants the divorce as fast as possible, too.
So how long would i have to wait in this case and how long would the process take?"

Were you lying then or are you lying now?

People are happy to give advice but we get sick and tired of assholes who think that the rest of us are too stupid to look back at history and see when someone isnt honest. If you have nothing to hide then why LIE?

Stop wasting the time of people who come here for real help and are prepared to be truthful. You loose your credibility when you contradict yourself.

And as for you (or your imaginary friend) wanting to get a divorce... you are only posting bull*censored word* on here to get other people stirred up.... go find a po.rn site to waste time on and leave the rest of us alone.

djboinsk

Star Member
May 25, 2010
A Little Town In Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 26 2010-Sent Out
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 17 2010
LANDED..........
March 2011 !!! :):)
Its people like this that clog up and drag the system for the rest of us :mad: Most of us are on here because we are genuinely IN LOVE or are missing family members. PLEASE ask your qestions on a different forum and not on one where most of us are fighting for something legit.
Sorry to everyone else for the vent. This just infuriates me.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
I haven't read through all the comments on this topic but by reading what the OP said, wouldn't this be MARRIAGE FRAUD? Isn't this what CIC is trying to crack down and make the system of spousal sponsorship more difficult for real marriages?

re the OP, you should be very ashamed to post such topic in this forum especially seeing the hell hole true/real/genuine couples have to go through in order to be reunited with their loved ones.

I sure bet the business transaction for you to sponsor your partner to Canada was well worth every penny, eh ;) ?

I really hope CIC cracks down on your case before you crack down on CIC.

What a shame and disgrace to the Spousal Sponsorship unit of CIC. Yet, another one of your type will be new stats to CIC so they can make the system even more difficult and complicated.

I too am sorry for venting like this but I sure think you have come to the wrong place and it sends me bananas when people who aren't even real spin through the whole sponsorship process while the ideal, real ones have to wait for what feels like a lifetime to get the process started.

B

boyee6576

I am usually very tollerant and dont say alot. But today I just cant let this crap pass.
You know we had to go through an appeal and had to do everything to prove we have a genuine relationship. Its people with this mentality ( want to cheat the system) that ruin it for those of us who have had a loving relationship for 8 years and just want to be together. VO are breathing down the necks of real relationships and putting us through the wringer while people like this get in with no problems. Cheaters dont deserve our country or what it has to offer. And if the wife, friend or whatever she is, is a PR she should have to go back to where she came from to. You both dont deserve Canada. We and our spouses are going through the hell of separation and are often rejected because of liers who screw with the system. I am really sick of people coming here asking for stupid advice on how to cheat the system. Its a good thing people dont use their real names thats all I can say!

I am sorry if I offended anyone but I make no apologies for how I feel.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
boyee6576 said:
Its a good thing people dont use their real names thats all I can say!
Oh man, you're telling me. I think somethings are just meant to be otherwise a lot of dumb F's would get F'ed up :D