How does my partner become eligible to work in Canada

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fenna1 said:
Hi all,

I've been going through the required document list and what is the 'option c' print out for, is it for inland applications or outland, or is it for if you are sponsoring dependent children?

And do I need a letter from my employer? I will be leaving my job anyway to live in Canada.

Thanks
Option C is for both and you request it from revenue Canada. If you've been out of Canada for more than a year or two, we did not send it but sent a letter explaining that the Canadian was living an working in the UK for x number of years and sent a copy of the most recent UK P46 which shows your UK earnings - not that the value is important but it proves you are working in the UK. You could support it with a letter from your current employer but it's not necessary. If you are ok with time, you can request the option C regardless - could take a couple of weeks minimum to get to the UK!

fenna1

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2010
File Transfer...
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
20-08-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
LANDED..........
10-01-2011
Hi
I've just realised that this won't apply to me asI have never lived in Canada and so never worked in Canada. I will send the UK equivelant. P46. P60's

Thanks