How Do You Know If Online Application Has Started Being Processed

mohsinis

Feb 3, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ontario
Hi Everyone, I applied online for my study permit on 16th June (from Pakistan) and I was wondering that how is one supposed to know that their application has started being processed. Do we get to know CIC have begun processing our applications or what? Thanks!

mohamed_hamid_91

Star Member
May 26, 2014
Sudan
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6, 2014 (Online)
Doc's Request.
Submitted biometrics May 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront and submitted with application
Passport Req..
June 25, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 8, 2014
LANDED..........
August 23, 2014
I applied online on May. They sent me two messages one to acknowledge the submission of my applicatin and tge other requesting my biometrics. After I submitted my biometrics they didn't speek to me for 5 weeks and then I received a message requesting my original passport. My application status remains "open" since I submitted until now.

I don't think that there is a way to know if they started processing but as long as they don't exceed the average processing time of your visa office you can know that everything is ok.

Amir_Khalilov

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi both,
once online application submitted, you get new message in your e-mail from "donotreply" with following subject "You have a new message in your MyCIC account for applicatio​n: S300------", which would mean confirmation on successful submission of online application. Normally on the same date or next you get another message from "donotreply" with following subject "Your applicatio​n(S300------) has been updated" which would mean that your application processing has been started.
If you log into your "mycic account", go to the submitted application, and click on "check status and messages", on the right side of of application statuse you will interrogative mark, and by clicking on that button you will read following info:

Your application may be open, closed, or cancelled.

If the status is open, it means that we have received your application. When we begin to process your file, you will be notified of a change in your application status through your account.

If the status is closed, it means that a final decision has been reached on your application.

If the status is cancelled, it means that before a final decision was made, CIC determined that we did not need to process the application. This could be due to:

an administrative error and your application needs to be re-created by CIC,
an extension of status is required before a permit application can be processed, and/or
CIC determined you do not need what you applied for.

Hope this was of help.