+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do you cope with the waiting anxiety?

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's all be optimists.

I observed on this forum great qualities; forbearance, restraint, patience, perseverance, hard work, dedication, sincerity ..... great qualities.

Based on my experience I wish to add:

Success is a notion what the human beings perceives it to be.

We have limited control over several matters. The dynamics of success, failures are part of our lives.

We as humans can be happy with whatever we have now, carry the attitude in future and keep up the efforts to achieve the dreams. .

Life is not about becoming a citizen of some country; they are just steps you take to keep yourself in the fray, work sincerely and remain happy.

It is about how happy, peaceful healthy you are today and how nice you are to all other human beings.

We cannot frame success only based PR, how much money we make etc.

And I honestly believe that each one on this forum are highly qualified, experienced and will certainly achieve the goals

What if aspirants never make it to USA / Canada / Australia etc for some reason?

Will they give up hope, life? no !!! They will be stronger than before and pursue avenues; Am I right? :-[

Reactions: DerekGe

big fish

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
I did a lot of exercising during big wait to deal with the stress. 3 gym + 3 swimming sessions per week. I was exhausted, so I could sleep. I was too tired to be too worried. It helped a lot.

Reactions: DerekGe and Choosen

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't check the fourm once for 5 months after AOR. Helped a lot :)

Reactions: Choosen

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Musikwala said:
It is extremely difficult to wait especially if one checks this forum everyday I think. To see people who submitted their application much later than you get PPR while you're still waiting, is what makes it so frustrating. But I suppose every application is different, so sometimes it really feels pointless to keep track of others' statuses thru this forum.

I think doing these things can help take your mind off the waiting:

1. Thoroughly research your industry in Canada and employers in your field. Get to know everything about them. Once you get PPR, everything will happen in a rush one by one and you won't have this same luxury of time that you have currently.

2. Start selling off non-essential belongings where you live currently. Not only will it take your mind off this waiting, you will earn some money too.

3. Read books and brush up on your job skills or techniques. Once again, this is the best time to do it. After PPR everything is rush rush relocate!!
really nice suggestions..
+1 to you

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pfse said:
I think applicants were much more relaxed when the FSW application process was taking 2-3 years. I know one person who even almost forgot that he applied for Canadian PR when he got Medical... unexpectedly... Suggestion for CIC - make application process longer just to avoid putting unnecessary stress on PR applicants.

Just kidding.
;D ;D ;D

in that case Quebec processing would take the trophy to be the most relaxed one..

it took almost 4 - 5 years for getting CSQ in QSWP..

:p :p :p

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chiuzi said:
Reading several threads in different forums I've realized that the anxiety is enormous. How do you cope with yours?

I've been doing a lot of exercises and trying to end most of my personal projects...
I just stopped thinking about it by telling myself that whatever is gonna happen will happen and my wishing for it to happen is not going to change it.
although it was really very difficult to stop myself from checking the mailbox the moment I arrive at home, so I requested my wife to be the person handling the mail.
I felt it was more like a smoker trying to quit smoking and still thinking about the cigarettes.
and then I picked up second job.
anxiety actually made me save a bit.
:)

Chiuzi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some things I've been doing with really good results:

1. To assess my priorities in a "new" life in Canada;
2. Thoroughly discuss with my wife our plans for this new part of our lives;
3. Making some high quality closures regarding some unfinished businesses;
4. Talking a lot with my son, preparing him for living in a new Country (far from his loved ones);
5. Taking care of paper work to leave the Country leaving no problems for the ones who stay.

Meanwhile, we wait for the PPR. The way I see it: even in a terrible scenario where we don't get accepted, our life will be better.

Have a nice day everyone! :D

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
Joined a boot camp 6 weeks ago and coming to the end of my first challenge - full of energy and 13lbs lighter!! It's been a great distraction and stops me from checking my emails and MyCIC every 5 mins! :p

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Reviving this thread to see what people are doing about stress these days.

Im doing boxing.