+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do you cope with the waiting anxiety?

Chiuzi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reading several threads in different forums I've realized that the anxiety is enormous. How do you cope with yours?

I've been doing a lot of exercises and trying to end most of my personal projects...

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
Spending time with family and friends,, :D

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
I go out for fishing, which usually needs lot of patience :)

Reactions: Choosen

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am thinking of taking up yoga like Justin Trudeau... :)

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
completing my personal projects and taking care of my family now. Also, trying to learn something new to keep my mind off.

Reactions: Choosen

Innana

Nov 20, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
Feb 6
Med's Done....
Feb 17
Passport Req..
May 30
VISA ISSUED...
June 13
LANDED..........
July 09
I'm doing a lot of one night stands. Great for bringing the anxiety level down.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
It is extremely difficult to wait especially if one checks this forum everyday I think. To see people who submitted their application much later than you get PPR while you're still waiting, is what makes it so frustrating. But I suppose every application is different, so sometimes it really feels pointless to keep track of others' statuses thru this forum.

I think doing these things can help take your mind off the waiting:

1. Thoroughly research your industry in Canada and employers in your field. Get to know everything about them. Once you get PPR, everything will happen in a rush one by one and you won't have this same luxury of time that you have currently.

2. Start selling off non-essential belongings where you live currently. Not only will it take your mind off this waiting, you will earn some money too.

3. Read books and brush up on your job skills or techniques. Once again, this is the best time to do it. After PPR everything is rush rush relocate!!

Reactions: DerekGe

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No method worked with me so far. I am different than I was out of this process.

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
Musikwala said:
It is extremely difficult to wait especially if one checks this forum everyday I think. To see people who submitted their application much later than you get PPR while you're still waiting, is what makes it so frustrating. But I suppose every application is different, so sometimes it really feels pointless to keep track of others' statuses thru this forum.

1. Thoroughly research your industry in Canada and employers in your field. Get to know everything about them. Once you get PPR, everything will happen in a rush one by one and you won't have this same luxury of time that you have currently.

2. Start selling off non-essential belongings where you live currently. Not only will it take your mind off this waiting, you will earn some money too.

3. Read books and brush up on your job skills or techniques. Once again, this is the best time to do it. After PPR everything is rush rush relocate!!
Good suggestion..
+1

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Musikwala said:

I think applicants were much more relaxed when the FSW application process was taking 2-3 years. I know one person who even almost forgot that he applied for Canadian PR when he got Medical... unexpectedly... Suggestion for CIC - make application process longer just to avoid putting unnecessary stress on PR applicants.

Just kidding.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016

Chiuzi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nmeka said:
Spending time with family and friends,, :D
That's always a good way of making quality time! :D

Chiuzi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Innana said:
I'm doing a lot of one night stands. Great for bringing the anxiety level down.
Well, I see your point... but I'm married :D