Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
To all the seniors and anybody on the same boat

My work permit is expiring soon and I already applied for the extension of my work permit but is it possible to extend the validity of my SIN here in Alberta because I have a pending EI application.
What should I do? Please help

Angel1981

Jun 29, 2014
biz said:
To all the seniors and anybody on the same boat

My work permit is expiring soon and I already applied for the extension of my work permit but is it possible to extend the validity of my SIN here in Alberta because I have a pending EI application.
What should I do? Please help
Unfortunately, you cannot extend your SIN validity until you get your new work permit. But your EI application will not be affected as you are on implied status. And also, once your EI gets approved, you will get paid all through your implied status. All the best. And no worries.

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
Angel1981 said:
Unfortunately, you cannot extend your SIN validity until you get your new work permit. But your EI application will not be affected as you are on implied status. And also, once your EI gets approved, you will get paid all through your implied status. All the best. And no worries.
Do I need to go to service canada and inform them of about my current status or I can do it online because I'm worried when time comes that my SIN expiresI won't be able to get any benefits at all.

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
biz said:
Do I need to go to service canada and inform them of about my current status or I can do it online because I'm worried when time comes that my SIN expiresI won't be able to get any benefits at all.
there is no on-line options in Service Canada. Only in person.

Angel1981

Jun 29, 2014
biz said:
You dont have to inform service canada about your yet to expire SIN. when you SIN expires your online account will be on hold. A message displays saying that you need to call service canada. And when you call that that number, you will be told that since your SIN expired you will not be able to access it.But I think you can still submit your reports here. https://srv265.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/Interdec/ouvertureDeSession-login/ouvertureDeSession-login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2finterdec%2finfodebase-basicinfo%2fconfirmation.aspx%3fwn%3d0%26fwc%3d0&wn=0&fwc=0

As I said earlier, once your SIN expires you will be under implied status and you are still entitled to EI payments. But your payments will kick in only after your EI application gets approved. As soon as you get your new work permit, it is your responsibility to submit your new work permit copy to service canada.

But if you still feel uneasy about your current scenario and concerns, you can always go to service canada and discuss your case with them.

Hope this helps.

are you on open work permit?

Angel1981

Jun 29, 2014
Angel1981 said:
You dont have to inform service canada about your yet to expire SIN. when you SIN expires your online account will be on hold. A message displays saying that you need to call service canada. And when you call that that number, you will be told that since your SIN expired you will not be able to access it.But I think you can still submit your reports here. https://srv265.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/Interdec/ouvertureDeSession-login/ouvertureDeSession-login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2finterdec%2finfodebase-basicinfo%2fconfirmation.aspx%3fwn%3d0%26fwc%3d0&wn=0&fwc=0

As I said earlier, once your SIN expires you will be under implied status and you are still entitled to EI payments. But your payments will kick in only after your EI application gets approved. As soon as you get your new work permit, it is your responsibility to submit your new work permit copy to service canada.

But if you still feel uneasy about your current scenario and concerns, you can always go to service canada and discuss your case with them.

Hope this helps.

are you on open work permit?
One more thing, you have to provide proof to service canada that you already applied for a new permit in order to be considered that you are infact in implied status. In my case, I submitted my work permit application copy. You need to do this in person at the service canada office.

Reactions: appleleave

Raajvinder

Feb 1, 2019
Hey

Please help me to know. My work permit expire in June ( open work permit on spouse base) . Can I work on implied status as applied few days ago.
Also, my sin number expired in June. Then , how I can work without sin.
Regards
Thank you

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hey

Please help me to know. My work permit expire in June ( open work permit on spouse base) . Can I work on implied status as applied few days ago.
Also, my sin number expired in June. Then , how I can work without sin.
Regards
Thank you
Yes, you can keep working if you already submitted your work permit extension. You will be in implied status till you get a decision on your application. Your SIN being expired won't be an issue.

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Yes, you can keep working if you already submitted your work permit extension. You will be in implied status till you get a decision on your application. Your SIN being expired won't be an issue.
Hello! I have the same situation. My question is, can I get pay with implied status and an expired SIN?

Rock19998

Nov 2, 2019
Hello actually please help me I’m from Ontario and my And I applied for my Work permit and my sin is about to expire and can I still work with my current employer

Fpas

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hello actually please help me I’m from Ontario and my And I applied for my Work permit and my sin is about to expire and can I still work with my current employer
Don't worry! that happened to me early this year. If you already applied for your work permit extension and your SIN is going to expire soon, you can stay working at the same place and you will still receiving payment with your expired SIN number, once you receive your new work permit, you will renew your SIN

Reactions: Rock19998

Rock19998

Nov 2, 2019
After completing my 2 years diploma I applied for PGWC and still waiting and my sin is going to expire in November and I am working will my employer kick me out because of expiration of sin and I’m having my confirmation of PGWC under process

Akshayyy_db7

May 3, 2020
Hello
My study permit expired in March but I have processed it for renewing and I did apply for the EI benefits before it expired, will I be able to receive EI if my SIN is expired ?