+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I extend my work and study visa?

Tudor

Jan 8, 2011
Hi everybody!!I have a work and study visa.Right now I'm in Canada, I finished school and now I'm working.
I would like to remain here but in several months my visas will expire.What should I do, step by step???
I appreciate some input!!!

Gujranwala.chandigarh

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DECEMBER 3
IELTS Request
8 BANDS , TOEFL 90
Med's Request
BEFOREHAND
Med's Done....
BEFOREHAND
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
ALREADY SUBMITTED
VISA ISSUED...
January 11
LANDED..........
January 13
Go to your native country's embassy first for the PP renewal...only then you should go to the canada high commision for the visa and work permit extension.
P.s - keep your old pp with u all the time.
good luck

Tudor

Jan 8, 2011
Sorry, I guess that I wasn't clear enough, due to the fact that I'm not used with this kind of forum.
I'll try to be straight forward!! I'm from eastern Europe.Did graduate there a three years college in accounting and started and finished one year toward my master.After that I interrupted my studies and came in Canada through a work and study programm.I finished already the school and at this time I do work.
Now comes my problem!! I would like to stay here.In several months my visa for Canada and my working permit will expire. What do you suggest? Can I solve this problem here without going back to my native country? Should I hire a lawyer?
I'll definitely appreciate your advice,as well as all forumists advices.
I was told that in Canada as long as you are a honest hard working person who ask for help, people will do their best to accomodate you.
I would like to tkanks to all the people from this forum who would take several minutes to give me some..input

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Tudor said:
Sorry, I guess that I wasn't clear enough, due to the fact that I'm not used with this kind of forum.
I'll try to be straight forward!! I'm from eastern Europe.Did graduate there a three years college in accounting and started and finished one year toward my master.After that I interrupted my studies and came in Canada through a work and study programm.I finished already the school and at this time I do work.
Now comes my problem!! I would like to stay here.In several months my visa for Canada and my working permit will expire. What do you suggest? Can I solve this problem here without going back to my native country? Should I hire a lawyer?
I was told that in Canada as long as you are a honest hard working person who ask for help, people will do their best to accomodate you.
I would like to tkanks to all the people from this forum who would take several minutes to give me some..input
If you wish to remain as a visitor for a few months you apply for an extension to Vegreville http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

goldenbrown

Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver
Tudor said:

Hi!
You do not need to go back to your country of origin. This is a website you need cic.gc.ca