+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how do i begin the process for family sponsorship

new2009

Jun 27, 2008
hey guys, how do i begin the process, where do i get the application form, how does it take to get a response once the form is mailed in, is it only a one-time fee which is to be paid? please help me, im lost and dont know where to begin. thanks

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Go to this link and begin reading. Read everything carefully. You will find all the information you need. Look for the "Guide" that suits your situation and nationality. Be sure to read a lot and very carefully.

All the best,

rgvinson777

ThirstyDeer

Star Member
Feb 10, 2008
The only other thing I'd add onto that is to regularly read forums like this (there are at least a few). We've all either been through the process, going through the process, or are getting ready to go through the process. These are the places where you'll get *real* information about the immigration process, not just the pre-set verbatim that CIC tells you when you actually get through to a live rep whenever you call them.

Apr 22, 2008
Hi,

First I want to wish you great success with your application process. I'm sure as you've read or will read, it can be a time consuming process and the best advise my mother in law gave to me, was to keep my eyes focused on our love. Anyway, I just finished completing my application and mailed it out on June 26, 2008. It took some time to really get everything organized. As other's have stated, make sure you completely read the site and follow the guidelines. The check list will help you tremendously. I am sponsoring my husband who lives in Morocco so I had to complete the sponsorship application, then mail to him the LPR application, along with sponsorship questionares and according to each area will be a list of what each regions specifics are. So, I printed out everything and had him sign everything I needed and mailed it back to me. He had to go for medical, fiche-which is like FBI report, police record, pictures, and some other things before mailing them back to me. Be sure, that if you are sponsoring someone outside of Canada, you select this application and go to the regions area and see additionaly what is needed for your spouse. If you are sponsoring, then you need to submitt the ENTIRE forms all at the same time. The sponsorship application-YOU and all of his documents and application. There is not just one fee, at least for us...lol...the sponsorship-me was 75.00 and the processing fee-for him was 475.00 those two had to be paid before I sent the application and the receipts with them. Then, before his interview we will have to pay 490.00 for the LPR application. Depending on if it's just your husband/wife, and or children you can check to see the fee's section and that will let you know what you're looking at. Pray things go well, inchallah!