+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I relinquish my PR? I am worried

katiekatie

May 1, 2014
My PR expired last year . The situation is quite complicated that I applied for the renew.
Because I lost my passport in 2010, I cannot recall all the exact date that I was in Canada. But I did fill the approximate date in the application forms for the renew according to my memory. Because I was working outside Canada last year, VO asked me to apply for Travel document. I applied but finally I decided to withdraw the TD application because I cannot show the exact record in the years in the lost passport and I did not want to leave any refusal record.

The question is, now, I want to apply PR again under FSW. What should I do right now?
As my understanding, I should first relinquish my PR which means that I need to apply for travel document and get the refusal.
But, this time if I only fill the date in Canada according the passports I have and left the date missed in my lost passport unfilled. And tell the VO that I do not meet the needs of RO. In this case the application form of the travel document will be different from the one I submitted and withdrawed last year. Will that be a problem? :(

Thank you very much

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would recommend that you read through the following discussion:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/need-help-fsw-2014-want-to-apply-still-pr-t199406.0.html

katiekatie

May 1, 2014
scylla said:
I would recommend that you read through the following discussion:
Thank you for your quick reply. I got you that I need to apply for the travel document. I used to apply once and withdraw it. But if there is the difference between the form I fill this time and the last time, will it be a problem?
Will the VO check the old record?