+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can i enter Canada without PR card ?

jojojojo

Nov 8, 2009
Hi, I am supposed to be a landed immigrant in few months. I know it takes about 40 days to get the PR card after landing. However, I will not be able to stay that long. I will give them the address of my relatives in Canada to send the PR card to. Then I will return to my country to finish some important work before I can travel back to Canada permanently.

So How will I be able to enter Canada the second time without the PR card ? because my PR card will be with my relatives in Canada. Thanks a lot.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ask your relatives in Canada to mail, UPS, FedEx, DHL or Purolator your PR card to you when it arrives. Then you will have it and will be able to get back.

If this doesn't work out for some reason, you can apply for a PR travel document at the nearest embassy.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
If you are entering from US you need not have to show the PR card. In the border show your passport. They will know you are a PR. As matter of fact this is true if you are coming from any country. But the airlines or other carriers wouldn't know that. If you are refused they are responsible to send you back. That is why you would need a card if you are coming from any country other than US. You are not stuck even if you go back to other country. Apply for a temporary visa for PRs in a Canadian Consulate.

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
and don't mention that it is your relatives address. Some immigration officers tend to refuse the address been provided with.

the officer will then hand you in an " Address Notification Form" so you can find your own address at a later stage, fill it out and send in, within 180 days after your first landing, but the question remains:
how do you do that when you are out of the country and can not re-enter Canada?

you can always ask your relatives to fill out the address, fax or send it in and courier the cards back to you so you can easily re-enter Canada.