+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I change my status ?

DeepakRG

Aug 30, 2010
Hi,

I am in canada on a Open work permit which will going to end in a month, recently I received a interview scheduled mail from a company for a contract position(Software Tester) of 12 months duration.
My problem is ...

Company guys doesn't want to get involved in any visa processing things ? So what should be my point of action ?
what are the possible ways I can handle this situation to gain an offer and stay here for more 12 months. Please respond

your help is appreciated.

Deepak.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

DeepakRG said:
Hi,

I am in canada on a Open work permit which will going to end in a month, recently I received a interview scheduled mail from a company for a contract position(Software Tester) of 12 months duration.
My problem is ...

Company guys doesn't want to get involved in any visa processing things ? So what should be my point of action ?
what are the possible ways I can handle this situation to gain an offer and stay here for more 12 months. Please respond

your help is appreciated.

Deepak.
No LMO from the company, then no work permit.

DeepakRG

Aug 30, 2010
how should i handle this situation...What should I tell the people and how can it be a win win for both ?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Offer to do the "leg work" for them. Read on applying for LMO. They need to open an "account" (for lack of better term) with the National Job Bank (they will enter their CRA number); help them with the advertisement (needs to be on for a minimum of 14 days), you can also help them advertise to another website; sign a contract with them if no Canadian Citizen or PR applied or qualified for the job; apply for the LMO in your favour (they need to sign this though) and send the LMO application. Also you can sing your praises (and write the letter with the employr's perspective in mind) and attach that with the LMO application, justifying you as their choice to fill the position.

DeepakRG said:
how should i handle this situation...What should I tell the people and how can it be a win win for both ?