+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can I apply for visit visa to Canada?

Sidrah Khan

Oct 27, 2018
I am grade 10 student in Pakistan. My Sister along with her family is permanent resident of Canada. And my mother has super visa. I want to visit my sister in canada during my summer vacations. Kindly suggest me what's the appropriate way to apply for visit visa. Should I apply from Pakistan or my sister should apply from canada for me? Which is the best way? How long will it take? What are the documents requirements to apply? Thank you so much

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am grade 10 student in Pakistan. My Sister along with her family is permanent resident of Canada. And my mother has super visa. I want to visit my sister in canada during my summer vacations. Kindly suggest me what's the appropriate way to apply for visit visa. Should I apply from Pakistan or my sister should apply from canada for me? Which is the best way? How long will it take? What are the documents requirements to apply? Thank you so much
It won't matter if your sister submits an online application or if you apply in-person at a VFS Pakistan office.

To be approved for a TRV, you need to prove you have strong ties to Pakistan along with some travel history (in your case, travel to visa-required countries would be a plus).

That said, as you are a young student with no income/ no finances to support your visit/no assets, etc.... your only strong tie is your study program.

Quite honestly, IMO, your chances of a TRV approval are slim to none. As a student of Grade 10, your study ties will end when you give your board exams. So, next summer, you won't have any study ties to Pakistan.

Also, what won't help is the fact that your mom is a super visa holder.... which means she intends to stay long-term in Canada. She had probably indicated you as the family tie to return to when she applied.

IMO, the visa officer is likely to consider you as a long-stay dependent of your mom. Also, it would seem you are applying for a TRV because you cannot apply as a super visa dependent. I would not expect a TRV approval, but you can certainly try if you still choose to

Sadaff

Jan 25, 2017
Thanks much for your kind advise. Much appreciated for your prompt response.
Hopefully, I will apply for my sis next year when she will be in grade 11.

Thankss

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks much for your kind advise. Much appreciated for your prompt response.
Hopefully, I will apply for my sis next year when she will be in grade 11.

Thankss
Maybe she should apply when she's in Grade 12 i.e. mid-term + she must include evidence of her board exams, admission, etc. and an explanation to explain how those exams are critical for her future (so she must return to Pakistan)

Fraser250

May 23, 2018
I think you should apply because I applied for my brother from Pakistan and he got hi visa succefully.
There are slim chance to get the approval but there are still chance.

Reactions: Sidrah Khan