+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

household Register called hukou

Angelalala93

May 25, 2020
Hello,

My husband is sponsoring me to apply for Permanent Residence. I have seen the requirement for Household Register called hukou.

I got the copy and also got the notarization and translation of the original hukou. However, my father, my grandparents, my uncle my aunt my cousin and me are on one hukou. My mom is on another hukou with her parents and her sister. Do I need to submit the two large booklet? Or just my page is fine? Or my parents booklet and my page?

On the CIC website, it said
"
If you hold a passport from this country, you and your family members included in the application must provide:
  • The household register called the “hukou”.
Only I am applying for PR, my parents are not, do I need to include their hukou in the application?

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hello,

My husband is sponsoring me to apply for Permanent Residence. I have seen the requirement for Household Register called hukou.

I got the copy and also got the notarization and translation of the original hukou. However, my father, my grandparents, my uncle my aunt my cousin and me are on one hukou. My mom is on another hukou with her parents and her sister. Do I need to submit the two large booklet? Or just my page is fine? Or my parents booklet and my page?

On the CIC website, it said
"
If you hold a passport from this country, you and your family members included in the application must provide:
  • The household register called the “hukou”.
Only I am applying for PR, my parents are not, do I need to include their hukou in the application?
That would be expensive and time consuming if you were to have them all notarized and translated.

Send them the first page and your page from your father's hukou since you are listed in that booklet.
The information will be verified later in the process during a background check.

Angelalala93

May 25, 2020
That would be expensive and time consuming if you were to have them all notarized and translated.

Send them the first page and your page from your father's hukou since you are listed in that booklet.
The information will be verified later in the process during a background check.
Thanks for your reply! I actually already got my mom's hukou booklet and my father's hukou booklet and their notarization. The problem is if I attached everything into the file, it is really a lot of paper. And I am afraid it will make immigration officer confused because my mother and my father are not in the same booklet.

I am wondering if my parents hukou are necessary or just my page and the title page of my hukou booklet is enough.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks for your reply! I actually already got my mom's hukou booklet and my father's hukou booklet and their notarization. The problem is if I attached everything into the file, it is really a lot of paper. And I am afraid it will make immigration officer confused because my mother and my father are not in the same booklet.

I am wondering if my parents hukou are necessary or just my page and the title page of my hukou booklet is enough.
Double check your country specific checklist. I am surprised that you need your parents hukou information.
You being sponsored as a spouse and your mom and dad aren't part of your "family" in IRCC terms. You and your dependent children (if any) are the family members that IRCC is referring to. Your parents are "additional family memebers".

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada

That can happen with two booklets but I wouldn't send all of that unless they ask for them. Your page and the title page of your ( fathers ) booklet should be fine. They may ask for additional documents in the future. Make sure you have copy's of everything and be prepared for a long process......Especially now