+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hours/months needed to apply for CEC- ROE as proof?

snowjunkie

Jun 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec, 2010
AOR Received.
April 25, 2011
Med's Request
Oct 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 12, 2011
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2012
I'm hoping to apply for CEC when I have reached 24 months of full-time employment. In this time I have taken 3 weeks unpaid leave, does this mean I fall short of the 24 months needed? I have yet to take this year's paid leave but am reluctant to do so if this means I'll fall short even more hours. If I were to work this year without paid leave would I make back some of my 3 week unpaid leave?

When sending proof of full-time employment will my ROE/reference letter state that I am short by this much? (Asked on behalf of a friend in need.)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
snowjunkie said:
I'm hoping to apply for CEC when I have reached 24 months of full-time employment. In this time I have taken 3 weeks unpaid leave, does this mean I fall short of the 24 months needed? I have yet to take this year's paid leave but am reluctant to do so if this means I'll fall short even more hours. If I were to work this year without paid leave would I make back some of my 3 week unpaid leave?

When sending proof of full-time employment will my ROE/reference letter state that I am short by this much? (Asked on behalf of a friend in need.)
Unless your employer makes a mistake, the unpaid leave will show on the ROE. (It will also be detectable in your T4/statement of income, tax documents). Whether your employer mentions it in the letter of employment is his/her decision, but yes, it should be in there. Even if it's not mentioned in the letter, the VO would be able to identify it through income documents if he/she wanted to...

And yes, it does mean that your friend cannot count those 3 weeks as "employed." (Paid vacation is not a problem, you are still employed).

No, you cannot "make up" the unpaid leave time.