macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys

I just had a conversation with a friend back my hometown, She is really determined to move to Canada, obviously I explained her the whole process.

After a quick chat is pretty obvious to me she has no chance to get 450 points, I think not even close (400 +-). I was 100% straight to her, you need a job, period. I mean found somebody in Canada who needs your services and convince them to go for the LMIA process, in big cities for sure is near to impossible right now but I know by a fact that is possible in northern cities.

I am being so pessimistic? Should I tell her to get all the amout of points possible and wait for it?

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
her best chance is northern canada,sadly an lmia now means pr you get 600 bloody points alone for it.. i can see express entry being made easier but not by much and god knows when that'll happen.

I would suggest towns such as thompson in manitoba, or dawson city in yukon or yellowknife in NWT or cities in nunavut.. good luck i know her pain.

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
macast said:
Hi guys

I just had a conversation with a friend back my hometown, She is really determined to move to Canada, obviously I explained her the whole process.

After a quick chat is pretty obvious to me she has no chance to get 450 points, I think not even close (400 +-). I was 100% straight to her, you need a job, period. I mean found somebody in Canada who needs your services and convince them to go for the LMIA process, in big cities for sure is near to impossible right now but I know by a fact that is possible in northern cities.

I am being so pessimistic? Should I tell her to get all the amout of points possible and wait for it?
I would suggest you to ask ur friend to wait until things are sorted out by the new Govt. Places like Thompson,Lynn Lake in Manitoba are not easy places to survive for a newcomer (temp goes up to -45 with strong winds), I have experienced LynnLake that is close top Thompson (nice people, but u will be isolated from the actual civilization,not easy to travel or work during winters). I wouldn't suggest northern places for newcomers

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I disagree it's fine.. I worked in swan lake when I first arrived and also Gelam if you wanna you will

Bahamas

Oct 8, 2015
Nassau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"At present, the pool is growing by about 1,500 persons per week. Over the coming months, the size of the pool is expected to remain large offering a broad range of candidates from around the world who are ready to contribute to Canada and the Canadian labour market."
- CIC Express Entry Mid-year Report

6,000 people are added every month. People with a lower score should focus on getting their score up and not banking on hope alone.
Take it from me; that is what I did and had to realize!

macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 2 years now in Yellowknife, NT, probably the city with colder temperatures in Canada beside Iqaluit, NU. I found it awesome, not because the city nor the conditions, but the people is incredible friendly and open to newcomers.

But if you are the kind of person who will have problems to adapt to a totally new environment (-40C and long nights) this is not your place.

But overall I found it a good place to start.