+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

joy0910

Jun 2, 2017
Dear All,

I have submitted my passport for visa stamping in Canada embassy in HK, does anyone know approximetly how much time does it take to get the passport back?
Congras! It usually takes a month to get your passport back.

Could you share your timeline with us, pleaseee?

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
Thanks for this useful tip.

Cheng9999, I take it that you have previously completed the process of sponsorship from Taiwan? - Would you mind sharing your timeline?

I am a Feb Taiwan applicant here, currently awaiting DM (hopefully). Thank you!
We were on the old process, for example, medical was done upfront but not anymore.
Rough time line:
* Medical was done end of July 2015
* Sent in application the next day after medical was done (App received at Mississauga 1st week Aug)
* AOR1 1st week Sept 2015 (got email started sponsorship assessment)
* AOR2 Early Nov 2015 (saying sponsorship was approved, application transferred to HKVO)
* Request for updated 5669 to applicant 3rd week of Nov: this was sent to my spouse, but ended up auto-deleted. We did not know until I ordered GCMS notes in end-Dec (notes arrived 1st week Feb)...by this time almost 3 months from request of HKVO for updated 5669 (also asked for PCC and household register, which I said were submitted already, but included scan anyway)
* Immediately took action to fill in new 5669, uploaded it via CSE and then mailed it out registered mail to HKVO. I also asked help from MP to make sure our case was not closed...MP came back about 1 week later saying eligibility passed (so it looks like HKVO was just waiting for updated 5669 to complete eligibility)
* Ordered GCMS notes again late-Feb, showed that HKVO took action the next day after receiving updated 5669 (eligibility changed to approved)
* No more communication again from HKVO
* COPR sent out and received Apr 2016

My spouse: simple case, besides part time jobs early in her life, held same job for more than 15 years. 2 kids together. Never lived outside Taiwan, so only needed Taiwan PCC.

Reactions: Novel

Novel

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
23-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-04-2017
Passport Req..
Awaiting
We were on the old process, for example, medical was done upfront but not anymore.
Rough time line:
* Medical was done end of July 2015
* Sent in application the next day after medical was done (App received at Mississauga 1st week Aug)
* AOR1 1st week Sept 2015 (got email started sponsorship assessment)
* AOR2 Early Nov 2015 (saying sponsorship was approved, application transferred to HKVO)
* Request for updated 5669 to applicant 3rd week of Nov: this was sent to my spouse, but ended up auto-deleted. We did not know until I ordered GCMS notes in end-Dec (notes arrived 1st week Feb)...by this time almost 3 months from request of HKVO for updated 5669 (also asked for PCC and household register, which I said were submitted already, but included scan anyway)
* Immediately took action to fill in new 5669, uploaded it via CSE and then mailed it out registered mail to HKVO. I also asked help from MP to make sure our case was not closed...MP came back about 1 week later saying eligibility passed (so it looks like HKVO was just waiting for updated 5669 to complete eligibility)
* Ordered GCMS notes again late-Feb, showed that HKVO took action the next day after receiving updated 5669 (eligibility changed to approved)
* No more communication again from HKVO
* COPR sent out and received Apr 2016

My spouse: simple case, besides part time jobs early in her life, held same job for more than 15 years. 2 kids together. Never lived outside Taiwan, so only needed Taiwan PCC.
Seems that it went well in the end despite the situation with the 5669. Thank you for taking the time to share your timeline, it is very helpful.

John_Smiths

Apr 8, 2017
Dear All,

I have submitted my passport for visa stamping in Canada embassy in HK, does anyone know approximetly how much time does it take to get the passport back?
ahhh congrats, we applied for HK but because we already live in Canada we souls submit it to Ottawa, I'm hoping that means faster processing

CrazyTheGod

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
Doc's Request.
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
ahhh congrats, we applied for HK but because we already live in Canada we souls submit it to Ottawa, I'm hoping that means faster processing
Hi John, could you please check your GCMS note again for me? i want to know the exact date the status become recommend interview? then how longhave to wait for the interview request letter since then.

FCS

Feb 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HKVO
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
It's been 2 months since my application was transferred to Hong Kong visa office, but my Ecas still only says "application received" and "medical result received." Anyone in the same boat? I'm from Taiwan and currently visiting my husband in Canada. My CIC account says I passed the medical and the next step is background check but it's been the same message like that for a long time.

Last edited:

hkjohn

May 15, 2017
Dear all,

I received an email of Document Request: Application for Permanent Residence from General of Canada in Hong Kong, requesting

1. if not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan
2. Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.
3. Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specification

However, I have already included them to Canada processing center during t my first family sponsor application.

Do I need to re-submit these documents, or I just wait for further information?

Thanks in advance!

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Dear all,

I received an email of Document Request: Application for Permanent Residence from General of Canada in Hong Kong, requesting

1. if not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan
2. Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.
3. Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specification

However, I have already included them to Canada processing center during t my first family sponsor application.

Do I need to re-submit these documents, or I just wait for further information?

Thanks in advance!
I would redo it regardless.

CrazyTheGod

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
Doc's Request.
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017

CrazyTheGod

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
Doc's Request.
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
No, how much is it?
Ive read that its useless since its still within the expected time.
it is free if the PR applicant in canada or $5 outside canada per one request.

Lucky2018

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Want to know PCC + Schedule A will be request after file transfer to HK or before? Any idea?

File transfer to Hong Kong but no request. thks!