AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
last night we got our passport request... we applied in November 2016! we just mailed our passport off to ottawa as we both already live in Canada
Congrats!

Hi John, could you please check your GCMS note again for me? i want to know the exact date the status become recommend interview? then how long have to wait for the interview request letter since then.

wtatchan

Apr 15, 2016
Montreal, QC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HongKong
App. Filed.......
14-10-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
HongKong office: 24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Passed!
Interview........
Not needed
LANDED..........
15-07-2017
Here's my timeline:
App: 14-Oct-2016
Received: 15-Nov-2016
Got notice that it is received by HKVO on 24-Nov-2016
CSQ: 26-Feb-2017
Document request (CSQ): Mar-2017
DM: 02-Jun-2017

For sending your HKVO, I did it directly online, so you just need to upload it on CIC website. It is much easier and faster!

Hope that helps!

Reactions: goku17

huantinglin

Mar 29, 2017
Hello there,

Hope I am posting this at the right thread. I am sponsoring my wife from Taiwan. Our application was received on March, 20 2017 by the immigration office in Mississauga. They started processing our our application on May 23, 2017. Our application is now transferred to Hong Kong immigration office. We got a notification and reminder email on June 1st from the HK office. The letter requested documents that we've already sent to Mississauga as listed below:
  1. Copy of Hukou (household register)
  2. Copy of the bio-data page of her valid passport
  3. 2 recent photos
  4. Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669)
  5. Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)
  6. Original police certificates
  7. Receipt of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
Q1: I just want to double check that we DON'T HAVE to resend or update any of the document listed above if we have already sent these documents the first time and second time around to the Mississauga Immigration Office, right?

Because some have suggested to me that they have sent Schedule A and police certificate again to the HK office just to be safe, even though they have already sent these documents to Mississauga before their application have been transferred to HK. Would this delay the application process?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q2: Up until this point, the only fee we are supposed have paid for is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee right? Which was about $1040 something CAD. (Just want to double check.)

Q3: Approximately how long would for us hear from Hong Kong office to request my wife for her medical? (Time from application transferred to HK -> HK requesting medical)

Because she is planning to do her medical examination in Taiwan and then come immediately to Canada as a visitor to be reunited with me, she kind of needs to know an approximate time frame to book her flight.

Is this plan a good idea to begin with? Would she need any documentations from Taiwan from this point onward?

Q4: If the wait for HK to notify her regarding her medical gets too long, would she be able to do her medical exam in Canada as a visitor? Would the medical exam be much more expensive than Taiwan? (Medical exam in Taiwan cause about $225CAD) Do you know how much it cost for a visitor to do the medical exam in Canada?

Thank you so much for your help.

Kevin

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Head’s up that your application is moving ahead. It’s time to start thinking about the next steps of your journey to Canada.

Here’s some more information for you to work on as you get closer to your new life in Canada. It’s a big decision to choose Canada as your new home, and we want to help you make that move a smooth one!

Rest assured that you have made the right choice. Canada is consistently ranked as among the most safe, most clean, and most free countries in the world, with excellent health care and education. Canada is truly one of the world’s best countries to call home!

It’s time to start thinking about the fabulous settlement services you can access. For many, there is free support and training available to help with transition---have a look: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp

It’s also time to do your internet research to find out more about the following subjects and other things important to you:

- Schooling for your children in Canada (when should you arrive to register your kids to school). Check provincial websites for this information.

- Click here to access the Canada Job Bank site, to post your resume and look for a job. You can also use private job search sites or job recruiters; it’s up to you!

- Accessing services and working in Canada. Click here for information about your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and working in Canada.

- Buying or Renting a home in Canada.

- Banking: Click here for a list of banks, insurance companies, and financial institutions operating in Canada. Click here for a list of institutions insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation.

- Videos about immigration and Canada: https://www.youtube.com/user/CitImmCanada.

Here’s a starter checklist for you to do more research:

ü DONE

ITEM

NOTES

Received this message from the VO

Schooling & kids programs

Work – find a job

Social Insurance Number

Housing

Banking

Health Care

Transportation (public transportation, car & insurance)

CrazyTheGod

Mar 21, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
Doc's Request.
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
Head’s up that your application is moving ahead. It’s time to start thinking about the next steps of your journey to Canada.

Here’s some more information for you to work on as you get closer to your new life in Canada. It’s a big decision to choose Canada as your new home, and we want to help you make that move a smooth one!

Rest assured that you have made the right choice. Canada is consistently ranked as among the most safe, most clean, and most free countries in the world, with excellent health care and education. Canada is truly one of the world’s best countries to call home!

It’s time to start thinking about the fabulous settlement services you can access. For many, there is free support and training available to help with transition---have a look: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp

It’s also time to do your internet research to find out more about the following subjects and other things important to you:

- Schooling for your children in Canada (when should you arrive to register your kids to school). Check provincial websites for this information.

- Click here to access the Canada Job Bank site, to post your resume and look for a job. You can also use private job search sites or job recruiters; it’s up to you!

- Accessing services and working in Canada. Click here for information about your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and working in Canada.

- Banking: Click here for a list of banks, insurance companies, and financial institutions operating in Canada. Click here for a list of institutions insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation.

- Videos about immigration and Canada: https://www.youtube.com/user/CitImmCanada.

ü DONE

ITEM

NOTES

Work – find a job

Social Insurance Number

Housing

Banking

Health Care

Seems that you got DM?

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
Hello there,

Hope I am posting this at the right thread. I am sponsoring my wife from Taiwan. Our application was received on March, 20 2017 by the immigration office in Mississauga. They started processing our our application on May 23, 2017. Our application is now transferred to Hong Kong immigration office. We got a notification and reminder email on June 1st from the HK office. The letter requested documents that we've already sent to Mississauga as listed below:
  1. Copy of Hukou (household register)
  2. Copy of the bio-data page of her valid passport
  3. 2 recent photos
  4. Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669)
  5. Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)
  6. Original police certificates
  7. Receipt of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
Q1: I just want to double check that we DON'T HAVE to resend or update any of the document listed above if we have already sent these documents the first time and second time around to the Mississauga Immigration Office, right?

Because some have suggested to me that they have sent Schedule A and police certificate again to the HK office just to be safe, even though they have already sent these documents to Mississauga before their application have been transferred to HK. Would this delay the application process?

Q2: Up until this point, the only fee we are supposed have paid for is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee right? Which was about $1040 something CAD. (Just want to double check.)

Q3: Approximately how long would for us hear from Hong Kong office to request my wife for her medical? (Time from application transferred to HK -> HK requesting medical)

Because she is planning to do her medical examination in Taiwan and then come immediately to Canada as a visitor to be reunited with me, she kind of needs to know an approximate time frame to book her flight.

Is this plan a good idea to begin with? Would she need any documentations from Taiwan from this point onward?

Q4: If the wait for HK to notify her regarding her medical gets too long, would she be able to do her medical exam in Canada as a visitor? Would the medical exam be much more expensive than Taiwan? (Medical exam in Taiwan cause about $225CAD) Do you know how much it cost for a visitor to do the medical exam in Canada?

Thank you so much for your help.

Kevin
This is usually a generic letter, so if you have sent things in already, you don't have to re-send them. In particular, take a close look at 5669, and see if HKVO asked you to provide one back to 18 years old (instead of just 10 years). If your original 5669 was only for 10 years, then I would highly recommend that you fill it in all the way to 18 years old, and re-submit.

I would assume that you kept scan (or photocopy) of your English version of Hukou and English version of police certificate.

The scan of the passport is to ensure that the passport is still the same...it may still be valid, but what if your wife lost it.

Regardless, you should go to case specific inquiry, and upload the new 5669 (if you choose to re-do it back to 18 years old), as well as the scans of the Hukou and police certificate (assuming that your spouse only lived in Taiwan and does not need any other police cert). State in the text that you are addressing letter dated xxxxx. 1) new 5669 back to 18 years old, 2) scan of Hukou, which has already been provided to Mississauga, 3) scan of PCC which the original was provided to Missassauga, 4) scan of passport, 5) 2 photos, 2 with the same photos specs were sent in original application, so not resending to HKVO, etc. etc.

That way, HKVO will not be mistaken that you did not respond to their request. You upload them in Case Specific Inquiry system, which is pretty much instantaneous. You can follow-up with hardcopies by mail if you want to be safe, but I don't think HKVO will need the originals.

For the 2 photos, check if the dimensions are the same as those you originally provided. If yes, you don't have to send them in again.

$1040 is the application fee, plus the RPRF (assuming only 1 applicant).

Medical: if your wife does not get request to do this before she goes to Canada, she can do that in Canada. Note that it may take longer to get an appointment in Canada than in Taiwan. It is probably slightly more expensive in Canada, but not much more.

Assuming she gets asked to do medical, it would be reasonable to expect no further problems (like needing an interview) after that which requires her to be in Taiwan. So to be safe, she should do her medical in Taiwan, and then go to Canada.

If she has driver's license in Taiwan, she can get it exchanged in a few of the provinces (Ontario, BC for sure, but cannot recall the others, I think Manitoba also). She will need the required documents, one of which is the "safe driving record" issued by ministry of transportation...you go to local police office (e.g. Taipei, Taichung, Kaoshiong, depending on where you live) which issues these things. That document is in Chinese, and needs to be translated and notarized by the local Taiwan foreign trade office (equivalent of Taiwan consulate), in order to be valid and submitted to exchange her Taiwan license to Canadian one. The issue is the safe driving record has an expiry date, and she won't be able to exchange her license until she becomes a PR, so that document may become expired by that time. She should get her relative to have the authorization to get that document on her behalf, and send to her when she becomes PR. (This is the procedure for BC, not sure what other provinces do, but I assume the procedure will be similar).

Novel

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
23-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-04-2017
Passport Req..
Awaiting
Hello there,

QN 2: Yes.

QN 3: We were notified that our application was transferred to HK VO on 10 March - and received the request for medical on 27 March

Hope this helps!

Reactions: huantinglin

Novel

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
23-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-04-2017
Passport Req..
Awaiting
If she has driver's license in Taiwan, she can get it exchanged in a few of the provinces (Ontario, BC for sure, but cannot recall the others, I think Manitoba also). She will need the required documents, one of which is the "safe driving record" issued by ministry of transportation...you go to local police office (e.g. Taipei, Taichung, Kaoshiong, depending on where you live) which issues these things. That document is in Chinese, and needs to be translated and notarized by the local Taiwan foreign trade office (equivalent of Taiwan consulate), in order to be valid and submitted to exchange her Taiwan license to Canadian one. The issue is the safe driving record has an expiry date, and she won't be able to exchange her license until she becomes a PR, so that document may become expired by that time. She should get her relative to have the authorization to get that document on her behalf, and send to her when she becomes PR. (This is the procedure for BC, not sure what other provinces do, but I assume the procedure will be similar).
Thanks for this useful tip.

Cheng9999, I take it that you have previously completed the process of sponsorship from Taiwan? - Would you mind sharing your timeline?

I am a Feb Taiwan applicant here, currently awaiting DM (hopefully). Thank you!

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Is there any spread sheet for this group?

chumeva

May 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HKVO
App. Filed.......
08-12-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-12-2016
File Transfer...
29-12-2016
Hello ,
I live in Montreal also.
May I ask how do you send your CSQ to HKVO? By the Webform or paper letter.
I just got it today.
Thank you:)
HI, I sent it after i received request email. In the email, they asked me to include that email when I send CSQ to them.
Below is the link :

If you already have an online account:

Please upload and submit all the requested documentation via your online account; note that once the due date has passed, you will no longer be able to upload the requested documentation.

If you do not have an online account:

You must submit all the requested information/documents through the IRCC Web Form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp, by clicking the “Tell us more” button, selecting “Hong Kong” as the visa office where you sent your application and following the submission instructions. If original documents are requested, please mail all documents in one package to the address indicated below.

chumeva

May 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HKVO
App. Filed.......
08-12-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-12-2016
File Transfer...
29-12-2016

ü DONE

ITEM

NOTES

Work – find a job

Social Insurance Number

Housing

Banking

Health Care

I got the same email on 9 june. Hope we get a good news soon!

goku17

Jun 7, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
HKVO
App. Filed.......
24-2-2017
Doc's Request.
15-03-2017
File Transfer...
18-4-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-04-2017
Passport Req..
awaiting...
HI, I sent it after i received request email. In the email, they asked me to include that email when I send CSQ to them.
Below is the link :

If you already have an online account:

Please upload and submit all the requested documentation via your online account; note that once the due date has passed, you will no longer be able to upload the requested documentation.

If you do not have an online account:

You must submit all the requested information/documents through the IRCC Web Form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp, by clicking the “Tell us more” button, selecting “Hong Kong” as the visa office where you sent your application and following the submission instructions. If original documents are requested, please mail all documents in one package to the address indicated below.

Thank you so much.
I just sent them two CSQs I received by IRCC web form in case of any delay, although I did not get request email yet .
Thanks again.

huantinglin

Mar 29, 2017
This is usually a generic letter, so if you have sent things in already, you don't have to re-send them. In particular, take a close look at 5669, and see if HKVO asked you to provide one back to 18 years old (instead of just 10 years). If your original 5669 was only for 10 years, then I would highly recommend that you fill it in all the way to 18 years old, and re-submit.

I would assume that you kept scan (or photocopy) of your English version of Hukou and English version of police certificate.

The scan of the passport is to ensure that the passport is still the same...it may still be valid, but what if your wife lost it.

Regardless, you should go to case specific inquiry, and upload the new 5669 (if you choose to re-do it back to 18 years old), as well as the scans of the Hukou and police certificate (assuming that your spouse only lived in Taiwan and does not need any other police cert). State in the text that you are addressing letter dated xxxxx. 1) new 5669 back to 18 years old, 2) scan of Hukou, which has already been provided to Mississauga, 3) scan of PCC which the original was provided to Missassauga, 4) scan of passport, 5) 2 photos, 2 with the same photos specs were sent in original application, so not resending to HKVO, etc. etc.

That way, HKVO will not be mistaken that you did not respond to their request. You upload them in Case Specific Inquiry system, which is pretty much instantaneous. You can follow-up with hardcopies by mail if you want to be safe, but I don't think HKVO will need the originals.

For the 2 photos, check if the dimensions are the same as those you originally provided. If yes, you don't have to send them in again.

Medical: if your wife does not get request to do this before she goes to Canada, she can do that in Canada. Note that it may take longer to get an appointment in Canada than in Taiwan. It is probably slightly more expensive in Canada, but not much more.

Assuming she gets asked to do medical, it would be reasonable to expect no further problems (like needing an interview) after that which requires her to be in Taiwan. So to be safe, she should do her medical in Taiwan, and then go to Canada.

Thank you for the thorough reply. It's extremely helpful to us.

Sanme

Nov 24, 2015
Dear All,

I have submitted my passport for visa stamping in Canada embassy in HK, does anyone know approximetly how much time does it take to get the passport back?