+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Blythe_

Feb 10, 2016
Hi everyone. I received a email from Consulate General of Canada In HK requesting additional documents. This email contain 2 parts. One of the point i got stuck is the police certificate.

I currently live with my wife in Canada as a visitor. My local police office in China won't allow a representative to apply on my behalf, but my wife and I are not planing to go to China until July. Is it possible to extend the 30 day deadline to 120 day? If so, how? Anyone who have the similar experience, please share.

Thank you

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
cicong said:
What is the progress for your case now?
Short version update: the COPR arrived!

The long story: I have been very busy at work, and traveled most of March. I got home yesterday, and COPR was there...my wife did not tell me it arrived while I was traveling! The mailing date was Mar 16. I looked at eCas and it shows DM on the main page (Sponsor still says IN PROGRESS, PA side says DM), and the case details only show 3 lines up to "medical received...", and last update was Dec 15 shown on the bottom...not sure when it changed to DM as I did not look at it after 2nd week of March.

The photo stuck on the COPR was the old photo size, not the new 5x7cm. There is an insert asking us to take 2 new photos with the new specs of 5x7cm...I assume these should be taken to the border for landing purposes. There are no instructions.

I recall that your MP told you your case has passed eligibility...ours passed eligibility mid Feb (MP told us), so it's 1 month after that we got COPR.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
cathy0127 said:
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know that do I really need to change the status in Hukou to Married before submit it to HK VO to process my PR application?
I was wondering about that too, me and my wife were married in the US, in order to change her hukou we have to get our marriage certificate translated and certified in the US embassy in China. It is too much work and a waste of money for nothing so we skipped that part. However I updated my status with CRA online with my wife's info.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
doradetw said:
Sorry for my typo.... COPR. I think I received the general e-mail that use for passport request. However, in my case HKVO only needs my new formate of photos to issue my COPR. I'm from visa exempt country.
Hello Doradetw,

We got COPR not long after you did...came in the mail, my wife did not tell me while I was traveling, so I did not know until yesterday.

Anyway, VO did not ask for new photos to be sent in, but asked to take 2 new photos. No instructions, so I assume we are to bring the 2 new photos when she lands. For your COPR, did you get 2 copies, CIC COPY with a photo and the other CLIENT COPY without photo?

Also across the diagonal of the COPR page, it says "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL".

Thanks.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
cheng9999 said:

The long story: I have been very busy at work, and traveled most of March. I got home yesterday, and COPR was there...my wife did not tell me it arrived while I was traveling! The mailing date was Mar 16. I looked at eCas and it shows DM on the main page (Sponsor still says IN PROGRESS, PA side says DM), and the case details only show 3 lines up to "medical received...", and last update was Dec 15 shown on the bottom...not sure when it changed to DM as I did not look at it after 2nd week of March.

The photo stuck on the COPR was the old photo size, not the new 5x7cm. There is an insert asking us to take 2 new photos with the new specs of 5x7cm...I assume these should be taken to the border for landing purposes. There are no instructions.

I recall that your MP told you your case has passed eligibility...ours passed eligibility mid Feb (MP told us), so it's 1 month after that we got COPR.
Congrats Mr Cheng :)

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
cathy0127 said:
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know that do I really need to change the status in Hukou to Married before submit it to HK VO to process my PR application?
My wife changed it to married before getting translated and notarized. She said just now "yes, it is better". She knows of someone on another forum who didn't change it and then CIC sent a letter asking for it to be changed and translated and notarized again. Better to spend the extra time now in my opinion. Our application was "smooth sailing".

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
cheng9999 said:
For your COPR, did you get 2 copies, CIC COPY with a photo and the other CLIENT COPY without photo?

Also across the diagonal of the COPR page, it says "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL".

Thanks.
Yes, two copies one with photo and one without.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
cheng9999 said:

Congrats!

I'm wondering, did you guys re-submit your police certificates any time during the process? I just submitted a request for notes again, just to confirm what the MP office told me.

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
cicong said:
Congrats!

I'm wondering, did you guys re-submit your police certificates any time during the process? I just submitted a request for notes again, just to confirm what the MP office told me.
No, we did not resubmit PC, only 5669E. Up til this day, no additional email (AOR2) except the one that was auto-deleted. The AOR2 asked us to submit PC if not done already...only problem was 5669E. It was 90 days already instead of 30, so I was struggling if we should re-do the PC...but that would take more time.

Good luck...hope you are next.

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
tryee said:
Does anyone know how long does it take For Beijing visa office to send my passport back?
Ours took 3 weeks from sending to getting back, by courier both ways.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
cheng9999 said:
No, we did not resubmit PC, only 5669E. Up til this day, no additional email (AOR2) except the one that was auto-deleted. The AOR2 asked us to submit PC if not done already...only problem was 5669E. It was 90 days already instead of 30, so I was struggling if we should re-do the PC...but that would take more time.

Good luck...hope you are next.
Thanks for the info. Yea, it seems like everyone is getting DM now except us... You were right, we do have to be paranoid all the time, worrying something may go wrong without being notified.

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
cicong said:
Congrats! Finally after 1 year.

Update your stats here, any changes will be applied automatically, don't need to save:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eOaxOWPSTJxIFaEYCcAYBAbzv62DPAUH9hYXZ3jSvfI/edit#gid=972172818

Thanks. :)
No. For my case I can't really blame too much on cic. Mostly it's my agent. Cic asked for additional documents twice.

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
smoothsailing said:
Ours took 3 weeks from sending to getting back, by courier both ways.
Sweet. Is there any tracking system for the visa office or forum I can follow? Btw how much yuan did you pay for bj visa Center?

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
tryee said:
Sweet. Is there any tracking system for the visa office or forum I can follow? Btw how much yuan did you pay for bj visa Center?
To be exact it was 19 days for us. The latest total fee I heard was 179.40 RMB but we paid just under 200 so there may have been currency fluctuations or other reasons for the small change. The sending courier was separate but the 179.40 fee included returning by EMS courier. There was a string of messages on the subject of how much, how to pay, how to track on page 167 of this thread, plus and minus a couple of pages. Yes there is tracking to the applicant.