waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
ymserver said:
Thanks for your reply. The medical expired was my first medical done in July 2014 (expired last month), i haven't redo my medical yet. I got AOR2 in Mar 30, 2015, and back then my med wasn't expired yet so they didn't suggest me to redo it. So I guess I should redo it this week? Will the med office forward it to CIC automatically? After redoing my med, Do I need to mail/ email to CIC telling them I have re done my med?
The med office should send it automatically, but you could use the Hong Kong Case Specific Enquiry form at https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=hong%20kong&_ga=1.8066610.1419784286.1404982618 to tell them you did a new medical and upload your copy of the medical form. That is if you want to do another medical now before being asked.

ymserver

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Doc's Request.
12-08-2015 (HK Police cert)
AOR Received.
05-03-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-2015 (SA); 30-03-2015 (AOR2);
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015 (re-med)
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
02-11-2015 (DM2), no PPR
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015 (COPR)
smoothsailing said:
The med office should send it automatically, but you could use the Hong Kong Case Specific Enquiry form at https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=hong%20kong&_ga=1.8066610.1419784286.1404982618 to tell them you did a new medical and upload your copy of the medical form. That is if you want to do another medical now before being asked.
All right sounds good. Thanks!

ymserver

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
05-03-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015 (re-med)
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
02-11-2015 (DM2), no PPR
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015 (COPR)
I just got an email asking to redo med and submit police certificate.

For the police certificate part, it reads "Police Certificate: From each country/state where the
residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate from Hong Kong SAR."

So even though I have not travelled to HK for more than 6 months since the age of 18 (I have been living and studying in Canada and travelled to HK sometimes but always less than 1-2 months), I still have to submit a police cert from HK.

Has anyone had similar experience? If so, did you provide another RCMP Criminal Record Check (in my case, I already provided it with the application) in addition to getting a police cert from HK?

Thanks!

tryee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2015
ymserver said:
I just got an email asking to redo med and submit police certificate.

For the police certificate part, it reads "Police Certificate: From each country/state where the
residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate from Hong Kong SAR."

So even though I have not travelled to HK for more than 6 months since the age of 18 (I have been living and studying in Canada and travelled to HK sometimes but always less than 1-2 months), I still have to submit a police cert from HK.

Has anyone had similar experience? If so, did you provide another RCMP Criminal Record Check (in my case, I already provided it with the application) in addition to getting a police cert from HK?

Thanks!
Oh yes. You have to give them that. I only travel once a year back to China for a short visit since 18. my agent still asks me for that. I guess it's mandatory.

mcdouga99

Aug 12, 2014
We received passport request today! I hope that means our application will be approved. ECAS doesn't say Decision Made yet so hope there isn't any problem.

We received AOR2 in beginning of March 2015 and got IP on July 2nd 2015. Like others it has been many months since me and my spouse have been together. Hope everyone gets good news soon!!!

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 Additional Med Done: 01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Let's try again some other time
mcdouga99 said:
We received passport request today! I hope that means our application will be approved. ECAS doesn't say Decision Made yet so hope there isn't any problem.

We received AOR2 in beginning of March 2015 and got IP on July 2nd 2015. Like others it has been many months since me and my spouse have been together. Hope everyone gets good news soon!!!
GREAT!! Big congratulation for you!!

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
waiwera said:
GREAT!! Big congratulation for you!!
My status changed to IP but I not received anything about additional doc request for police cert. How long it takes for me to get that in order to go to get police cert?

Ian C.

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
2 Mar 2015 / AOR ; 5 Mar 2015 / SA
File Transfer...
5 Mar 2015
Med's Request
30 Nov 2014
Med's Done....
30 Nov 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2015
bukeluke said:
My status changed to IP but I not received anything about additional doc request for police cert. How long it takes for me to get that in order to go to get police cert?

Bukeluke,
in order to speed up your process, you can now go to Police headquarter to get your cert to HKVO. it will save you 1 month in advance if you do it now. For IP process, for me, it have at least 40+ days now to wait for PPR. so you can now print the applicant email (UCI no ) to present this to Police headquarter. no need to wait for HKVO to save your cert process time.

Ian

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
Ian C. said:
Bukeluke,
in order to speed up your process, you can now go to Police headquarter to get your cert to HKVO. it will save you 1 month in advance if you do it now. For IP process, for me, it have at least 40+ days now to wait for PPR. so you can now print the applicant email (UCI no ) to present this to Police headquarter. no need to wait for HKVO to save your cert process time.

Ian
Unfortunately, I never received AOR2 or the letter to the applicant. I only have AOR1 about SA. Therefore, can't get police cert....

smile1212

Oct 28, 2014
bukeluke said:
It seems our timeline is similar. My application first was received by CIC in mid December 2014, then my husband's sponsor status was approved in early March and my application was transferred to HK Visa office on March 5. Today on the CIC website checking my application status, it still indicates 'Application Received'. I just received yesterday an email letter from HK visa office asking for three things to be submitted within 30days,
- the police Cert
- credible evidence of our plan to establish in Canada
- credible evidence that we have begun to sever our ties to HK

I am surprised I was given 30 days only to provide them the three information above. Fortunately I am in HK this week (my job requires frequent travel) and I have gone to the HK police apply for the police Cert today (the process is straightforward and only takes within 10 mins). The staff told me the police cert will be sent to the Visa Office within 4 weeks and should be able to catch the 30 days requirement.

Has anyone been asked to provide those two types of evidence? any tips?

Does any one has a clue what will likely happen as next step after I have submitted the policy cert and the two other evidence requested by the Visa office? is my impression correct that the next step should be COPR issuance meaning I will be approved for a landing visa?

I wonder if I should write to ask the HK visa office about next step and rough idea on timeline of my application?

In addition, anyone has a clue if a landing visa is approved, is there a minimum expiry period for you to land in Canada?

I submitted my medical check upfront with my application. My medical check was conducted on November 22, 2014. I understand a landing visa's expiry date seems to tie with your medical check date, should I target I may get my landing visa before November 22 this year?

thanks for any sharing and tips :D

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
smile1212 said:
It seems our timeline is similar. My application first was received by CIC in mid December 2014, then my husband's sponsor status was approved in early March and my application was transferred to HK Visa office on March 5. Today on the CIC website checking my application status, it still indicates 'Application Received'. I just received yesterday an email letter from HK visa office asking for three things to be submitted within 30days,
- the police Cert
- credible evidence of our plan to establish in Canada
- credible evidence that we have begun to sever our ties to HK

I am surprised I was given 30 days only to provide them the three information above. Fortunately I am in HK this week (my job requires frequent travel) and I have gone to the HK police apply for the police Cert today (the process is straightforward and only takes within 10 mins). The staff told me the police cert will be sent to the Visa Office within 4 weeks and should be able to catch the 30 days requirement.

Has anyone been asked to provide those two types of evidence? any tips?

Does any one has a clue what will likely happen as next step after I have submitted the policy cert and the two other evidence requested by the Visa office? is my impression correct that the next step should be COPR issuance meaning I will be approved for a landing visa?

I wonder if I should write to ask the HK visa office about next step and rough idea on timeline of my application?

In addition, anyone has a clue if a landing visa is approved, is there a minimum expiry period for you to land in Canada?

I submitted my medical check upfront with my application. My medical check was conducted on November 22, 2014. I understand a landing visa's expiry date seems to tie with your medical check date, should I target I may get my landing visa before November 22 this year?

thanks for any sharing and tips :D
I still not received email about getting police certificate, cross my finger...

Martinzx

May 31, 2015
Hi Ian C. and others with similar experiences

Does this situation applies to me? I have been living in canada for many years as a student. only went back to Beijing for once (2 weeks). all other time, I am live in Canada. ( have been traveled to U.S. and Europe for many times, countless).

in my application package, I only provided Police certification from China to show absence of criminal record.

BUT I didn't provide one from CANADA. DO I need to provide it?????

Currently, my status has turned to IP. if it is nessasery, i need to do it asap.

wait for answers, thanks in advance!

Ian C. said:
Bukeluke,

Ian

Martinzx

May 31, 2015
The reason I did provide a police certificate from Canada......any thoughts?

From CIC website

""""""Police certificates

You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide:

valid police certificate, or
police clearance, or
record of no information.
These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six (6) consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18."""""

Ian C. said:
Bukeluke,

Ian

ymserver

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
05-03-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015 (re-med)
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
02-11-2015 (DM2), no PPR
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015 (COPR)
bukeluke said:
Unfortunately, I never received AOR2 or the letter to the applicant. I only have AOR1 about SA. Therefore, can't get police cert....
Bukeluke,

You could submit a case-specific enquiry form to HKVO and ask if they are waiting for your HK police cert. Perhaps they will take a look at your case thereafter.

ymserver

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
05-03-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015 (re-med)
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
02-11-2015 (DM2), no PPR
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015 (COPR)
Martinzx said:
The reason I did provide a police certificate from Canada......any thoughts?

From CIC website

""""""Police certificates

You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide:

valid police certificate, or
police clearance, or
record of no information.
These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six (6) consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18."""""
Martinzx,

I am confused too, so have you submitted a police cert from Canada after getting this email?

My police cert request did not have the same wording as yours, it just says "Police Certificate: From each country/state where the

residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance

certificate from Hong Kong SAR."

so I am planning to supply the police cert from BOTH Hong Kong and Canada.