+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Swooshao

Jun 16, 2013
kkbaggio said:
Hi everyone,

I don't know is a good new or what, I received my passport today together with a confirmation of permanent residence letter and another letter telling me I need to enter Canada according to the date issue on the visa affixed on my passport. I flipped through my passport, there is no visa. I called Beijing visa, they said they cannot find my record and the Beijing visa office told me to call Canada. I tried to check on E case, my account is gone, i mean I enter all my UCI no and other details as always, but they said they cant find my case. I then login to my sponsor's E case . Both side is decision made. Im so confused and frustrated, I need to wait to next morning Canada time to call to Canada office. I'm so angry now!!!!!! :'(
What kind of passport do you have? A China mainland or Hong Kong one? I thought the HK passport is visa-exempt so all you need is the COPR letter to land...

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
Swooshao said:
What kind of passport do you have? A China mainland or Hong Kong one? I thought the HK passport is visa-exempt so all you need is the COPR letter to land...
Im originally from HK, I sent them my BNO. As I traveled to Canada using my HK passport which have my US visa on it too, I was planning on travelling around US while I'm in Canada so I decided to keep my HK passport and sent them my BNO.

PS while I sent my outland application I was in Shanghai where I spent my last 4 years there working. I came visit my fiancee in Canada this summer and got PPR in Aug, so I decided to stay and wait till I got my decision made.

Thanks.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ireney said:

I am wondering how can I buy a ticket , before I get the visa and confirmed the travel date.
We want to move back to Toronto as his grandma and parents are getting old.
We want to take care of them, so we planned to live together with them when we landed.
and will find a bigger house when settled down, so bad we don't have any house purchase document now.
I am going to tell the truth and what we thoughs to them. Hope they can understand.
You can buy ticket before you get the visa. Just make sure you can change the date of travel (without any extra payments) if it is necessary.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ireney said:
I am wondering how can I buy a ticket , before I get the visa and confirmed the travel date.
We want to take care of them, so we planned to live together with them when we landed.
and will find a bigger house when settled down, so bad we don't have any house purchase document now.
I am going to tell the truth and what we thoughs to them. Hope they can understand.
You need to provide evidence you have plans to move back to Canada. This usually includes information on where you plan on living. A letter from the family saying you can live with them, for example. Also, information about prospective jobs in Canada, for example. There is no "right" answer here - it's really just about showing the VO that there is a real plan in place for return to Canada. Sometimes people include information about jobs they've considered (from online sites) or apartments/houses they are considering (again, online listings). I've never heard anyone report being refused on this basis, but CIC does have an obligation to make sure the plan is for the sponsor to return to Canada.

So yes, just explain to them what your plans are. Include what evidence you can find to support that explanation. You will be fine.

gersonjaijai

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
ireney said:

Ireney,

I am facing the exact worries in my case too... I am the one sponsoring my husband to become a Canada P.R. but right now residing in hong kong. for this "intention going back to Canada" on our application, we sent emails to the real estate agents for house issues, emails to friends that telling our plans, email to the brokers about mortgage plans, including an explanation what is our plans after the visa issued. But in case that's not enough, we keep finding other evidence includes my husband's chartered accountant conversion procedure, job hunting screen prints, emails about new immigrants and return citizen medical insurance cover plans, new identities application form downloaded screen prints, settlement issue screen prints etc...

I indicated to Hong Kong VO that all above movements we will but only do when my husband's P.R. is issued.

Mailed our application end of last month, still quite far to go, but wanna prepare as more as possible to let VO knows we seriously consider going back~~

But, the VO has asked for your Passport, I think you have reached the last step of this application!!!

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
Hi there,

Maybe I can give you some advices, in my application we have attached some emails from friends and families discussing about our coming back, like Dad's email telling my fiancee we can live at their place for the starting period. I also attached my fiancee's job hunting email, job ad that we found and a cover letter that written by both of us are very important, telling them our plan and intentions and show that the researches we have done. You may also try to attach web page from MLS.com showing them which location you intent to live in and maybe you start contact some broker in Canada for property hunting, show them email conversations. All these are evidence. Before we back to Canada we do have anything that listed on the form, we dont have property deed in Canada, no job, nothing but all the little things I just said. My case transfer to my VO in Aug and I sent my passport over on 12 Aug, then got the visa yesterday. :)

gersonjaijai

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
kkbaggio said:
Hi there,

Maybe I can give you some advices, in my application we have attached some emails from friends and families discussing about our coming back, like Dad's email telling my fiancee we can live at their place for the starting period. I also attached my fiancee's job hunting email, job ad that we found and a cover letter that written by both of us are very important, telling them our plan and intentions and show that the researches we have done. You may also try to attach web page from MLS.com showing them which location you intent to live in and maybe you start contact some broker in Canada for property hunting, show them email conversations. All these are evidence. Before we back to Canada we do have anything that listed on the form, we dont have property deed in Canada, no job, nothing but all the little things I just said. My case transfer to my VO in Aug and I sent my passport over on 12 Aug, then got the visa yesterday. :)
Congratulations KK!! when will you plan to cross the border?

I thought you are already in Canada, so that will be the strongest evidence to show your intention.

On my husband's case, we are doing the exactly activities to build up our intention, oh I even email to a company for a position I always want, and telling them if there are any openings next year please contact me.

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
Thanks!

We plan to drive down to the border this Sat morning, will be like 1-2 hrs away from Vancouver, pretty close.

But when I send the application I was still in Shanghi, anyway, I have a few more suggestions for the intention doc

-quotation from shipping companies of your enquiry for the move from HK to CA, we shipped 5 meter cube of stuff from Shanghai to Vancouver.
-We brought our cat back to Canada too, so I need to have kitty body check and injection doc for kitty immigrantion
-credit transfer process proof, you should start communicate with your bank for credit transfer from HK to CA bank, HSBC can do that for u.
I'm still trying to get my credit now, pain in the ass when I have no credit in this country.

;) happy doc gathering!

gersonjaijai said:
Congratulations KK!! when will you plan to cross the border?

I thought you are already in Canada, so that will be the strongest evidence to show your intention.

On my husband's case, we are doing the exactly activities to build up our intention, oh I even email to a company for a position I always want, and telling them if there are any openings next year please contact me.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kkbaggio said:
I'm still trying to get my credit now, pain in the ass when I have no credit in this country.
If you are in the Vancouver area set up a secured card with Vancity. They will give you a credit line equal to your deposit with them. After 12 months you can ask them to release the deposit and they will normally do so. Because it is a real credit card (not a pre-paid card) it shows up on your credit report and thus builds up a credit history.

I've heard Capital One does the same thing, but I have personal experience with Vancity.

gersonjaijai

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
kkbaggio said:
Thanks!

We plan to drive down to the border this Sat morning, will be like 1-2 hrs away from Vancouver, pretty close.

But when I send the application I was still in Shanghi, anyway, I have a few more suggestions for the intention doc

-quotation from shipping companies of your enquiry for the move from HK to CA, we shipped 5 meter cube of stuff from Shanghai to Vancouver.
-We brought our cat back to Canada too, so I need to have kitty body check and injection doc for kitty immigrantion
-credit transfer process proof, you should start communicate with your bank for credit transfer from HK to CA bank, HSBC can do that for u.

;) happy doc gathering!
Great Advised !!!

We will bring our dog back to Vancouver Island as well ( he came to Hong Kong with me 3 years ago), the procedure was crazy to deal with Hong Kong AFCD,anyway, i have heard it's way easier to go back since he is original from Canada. He just completed his 3 yr rabies vaccination and renewed his k9 licence, hope he won't need to get extra vaccination till back to Vancouver.

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
I will try! Thanks for your advice! ;)

computergeek said:
If you are in the Vancouver area set up a secured card with Vancity. They will give you a credit line equal to your deposit with them. After 12 months you can ask them to release the deposit and they will normally do so. Because it is a real credit card (not a pre-paid card) it shows up on your credit report and thus builds up a credit history.

I've heard Capital One does the same thing, but I have personal experience with Vancity.

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
I went to the border today!!!! successfully landed as a PR, the officer even gave me a little Canadian flag as welcome, a little embarrassing..as there was a lot of ppl.. 8)

gersonjaijai

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
kkbaggio said:
I went to the border today!!!! successfully landed as a PR, the officer even gave me a little Canadian flag as welcome, a little embarrassing..as there was a lot of ppl.. 8)
8) ;D :D ;)

Congratulations KK, welcome to be part of Canada...however, that means you need to pay heavy tax from now on... :p

ireney

Jun 18, 2013
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
Doc's Request.
27-09-2013
AOR Received.
12-07-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2014
LANDED..........
05-03-2014
kkbaggio said:
Congratulations KK :D

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
Yeah....thanks!

Thats true, everything is so expensive, I cant believe the electronic goods environment fee.......speechless! Then my fiancee told me all the money er paid to buy the scenery and fresh air, that's right.. :D