+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Phihalo

Mar 27, 2013
Hi Guys, new here

Background: I'm a Canadian Citizen, wife is from HK. I'm working in Canada now and she resides in HK at the moment

We submitted our applications back in Nov12, was requested for medical check for the wife in Feb13. However, since we just had our baby son in Jan13, we were worry to have the medical check right away. I've emailed CIC and requested for extension of the medical check and they have advised that I have met the sponsor eligibility and to send the medical check reports to the HK office. Now that the Medical check is completed last week 21Mar13, we are just waiting and have a few questions:

1) I've tried the online status check but not having much luck, it kept on telling me that the file I've entered is not correct - I've triple checked the ID and the bday etc, but it is still not working. Also, I notice there's a field for the birth place - Hong Kong and Hong Kong SAR, which one did you guys choose?

2) My wife plans to visit me in late May and provided that everything went smoothly afterwards, I believe we might have to mailed out the PP from Canada. I understand that after receiving the COPR, the visa expiry would be 1 year after the medical check up. Has anyone try to send/receive your PP in Canada into the HK VO? Also, if so happens that we receive all the proper landing docs while she is in Canada, would she need to physically exit Canada and then re-enter?

Thanks for everyones' contribution to this forum, very very informative!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) If your wife was born before 1997, I would choose "Hong Kong". Otherwise, I would choose the latter.
2) Is that a special request from HK VO to have PP send/receive in Canada?

Ttcdfolk

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
Phihalo said:
Hi Guys, new here

Background: I'm a Canadian Citizen, wife is from HK. I'm working in Canada now and she resides in HK at the moment

We submitted our applications back in Nov12, was requested for medical check for the wife in Feb13. However, since we just had our baby son in Jan13, we were worry to have the medical check right away. I've emailed CIC and requested for extension of the medical check and they have advised that I have met the sponsor eligibility and to send the medical check reports to the HK office. Now that the Medical check is completed last week 21Mar13, we are just waiting and have a few questions:

1) I've tried the online status check but not having much luck, it kept on telling me that the file I've entered is not correct - I've triple checked the ID and the bday etc, but it is still not working. Also, I notice there's a field for the birth place - Hong Kong and Hong Kong SAR, which one did you guys choose?

2) My wife plans to visit me in late May and provided that everything went smoothly afterwards, I believe we might have to mailed out the PP from Canada. I understand that after receiving the COPR, the visa expiry would be 1 year after the medical check up. Has anyone try to send/receive your PP in Canada into the HK VO? Also, if so happens that we receive all the proper landing docs while she is in Canada, would she need to physically exit Canada and then re-enter?

Thanks for everyones' contribution to this forum, very very informative!
Check using your name, where is your birth place?

Wolfie

Feb 22, 2013
Is it possible to do an outland application through Hong Kong office when wife is physically in Canada?

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolfie said:
Is it possible to do an outland application through Hong Kong office when wife is physically in Canada?
Yes, You can apply outland while living in Canada

treefour

Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 27, 2012
AOR Received.
December 31, 2012
Med's Done....
December 18, 2012
Passport Req..
April 24, 2013
LANDED..........
March 5, 2013
Wolfie said:
Yes it is, we're doing it right now.

Wolfie

Feb 22, 2013
Must she leave the country and come back during the process or just when she "lands"? What about the correspondence? Will everything be sent to Hong Kong address or can they be sent to me in Canada?

Phihalo

Mar 27, 2013
Wolfie said:
Must she leave the country and come back during the process or just when she "lands"? What about the correspondence? Will everything be sent to Hong Kong address or can they be sent to me in Canada?
no she doesn't, she can either flagpole or arrange an appointment w/ Visa office to have that sorted out

fakejordan

Oct 4, 2012
Hi Guys,

The HK office has requested my spouse's passport to finalize the application. The letter indicated that they will return her passport in 20 days. My question is, has any member had their passport return to them beyond the 20 days mark? Does this letter means 99% her PR application will be approve?

fakejordan

Phihalo

Mar 27, 2013
fakejordan said:
Hi Guys,

The HK office has requested my spouse's passport to finalize the application. The letter indicated that they will return her passport in 20 days. My question is, has any member had their passport return to them beyond the 20 days mark? Does this letter means 99% her PR application will be approve?

fakejordan
Yes, they wouldn't ask for your passport if they aren't going to approve it

fakejordan

Oct 4, 2012
Hi Guys,

Does the Hong Kong Visa office inform you they have received your passport and final process of the application is underway after the passport is mailed to them? I used SF-express to mail them the passport from china to hk and it was during the May 1st long weekend. SF updated the shipment was sent. Just want to be one the safe side, is there a way to find out the status of the passport from the VISA office??

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
The HK visa office will not send you notification that they received the package. You have to track it via SF-Express.

My wife's passport took a bit longer than the 20 days, but that was because China Post held it for about a week (it was during a holiday period).

A passport request from the HK office means the visa has been approved.

You're on your way to Canada...the Great White North! Congratulations on your decision to choose Canada...you have chosen wisely.

FS

fakejordan

Oct 4, 2012
Actually is my wife who is coming over here. I was expecting 13 months but it is all done within 3 months.

I didn't use China Post, as it was very unreliable from pass experience. We also didn't feel safe with DHL because there is always an agent in between. SF-Express is the next best thing.

Thanks for the input, FS

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
The HK office uses regular post to send the passport back...that's what I was referring to when I mentioned our experience with China Post.

FS

Kenhongkong

Aug 27, 2012
Happy To see all of you guy toapply so smooth.
I am new here, just got a job from Roger shop is around cad 38,000 per year,
Do you think I can Apply my wife and daughter in HK right away?
or I need work 1 year s first and get the tax report?
My PR status since 1997, I m keep in and out in canada, but decide to stay in canada now, I am back to canada 1st of march.
and get the job finally, but I am really miss my family , please help!
is it a right time I hand in my application now?