+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

SkyOcean

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Hello Everyone :) :) :)

We submitted the Sponsorship application August 2015. and File was transferred to HK in Nov.

Finally my wife got the PPR email from HK asking her to submit the passport to Canada Visa Application Centre in Beijing.

She lives in Mainland China

My question is which courier should be used to send the passport to Beijing? is a return waybill or return envelope needed to be included? if not, how will the visa application centre in beijing send the passport back to my wife? via regular mail or courier services?

if anyone know, please help .

Thank you so much!!! ;) ;) ;)

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
SkyOcean said:
Hello Everyone :) :) :)

We submitted the Sponsorship application August 2015. and File was transferred to HK in Nov.

Finally my wife got the PPR email from HK asking her to submit the passport to Canada Visa Application Centre in Beijing.

She lives in Mainland China

My question is which courier should be used to send the passport to Beijing? is a return waybill or return envelope needed to be included? if not, how will the visa application centre in beijing send the passport back to my wife? via regular mail or courier services?

if anyone know, please help .

Thank you so much!!! ;) ;) ;)
Congrats on the good news. My wife sent her passport to Beijing from Mainland China in January. She used China Post EMS (Express Mail Service). No problems at all with it, and you get a tracking number. It should be back in her hands about 3 weeks after sending. They use their own envelope to send it back, and it is by EMS also. My wife included a separate piece of paper with her English and Chinese addresses and phone number. EMS called an hour before to be sure someone would be home. The EMS envelope came addressed to the Chinese address. Or you could include an EMS return address sticker. Call VAC with any questions. The fees for everything are a bit confusing but the total was 222.40 RMB, including the posting fee for sending by EMS to VAC, so if I remember correctly it was very close to 200 RMB for the VAC fee. They emailed to inform that the passport was on its way back but no tracking number was included so she had to call to ask for it.

SkyOcean

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
smoothsailing said:
Congrats on the good news. My wife sent her passport to Beijing from Mainland China in January. She used China Post EMS (Express Mail Service). No problems at all with it, and you get a tracking number. It should be back in her hands about 3 weeks after sending. They use their own envelope to send it back, and it is by EMS also. My wife included a separate piece of paper with her English and Chinese addresses and phone number. EMS called an hour before to be sure someone would be home. The EMS envelope came addressed to the Chinese address. Or you could include an EMS return address sticker. Call VAC with any questions. The fees for everything are a bit confusing but the total was 222.40 RMB, including the posting fee for sending by EMS to VAC, so if I remember correctly it was very close to 200 RMB for the VAC fee. They emailed to inform that the passport was on its way back but no tracking number was included so she had to call to ask for it.
Wow thank you so much for the detailed answer.. for the fees you paid, 200 RMB or something is that the EMS mailing fee to send passport to beijing? or what? i get a bit confused. or VAC will charge a service fee???

Thanks a lot!!!

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
SkyOcean said:
Wow thank you so much for the detailed answer.. for the fees you paid, 200 RMB or something is that the EMS mailing fee to send passport to beijing? or what? i get a bit confused. or VAC will charge a service fee???

Thanks a lot!!!
EMS to Beijing was around 20 RMB cash at the post office. It was something like 199.40 after adding 2 or 3 things as kind of explained on the VAC fee page. So try out the possible combinations. It includes embassy fee and EMS fee for sending back. Pay at the bank by Union Pay or whatever and include the form as proof. VAC site has phone number to call if your wife wants to ask in Chinese or English to confirm the fee total and address stuff.

SkyOcean

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
smoothsailing said:
EMS to Beijing was around 20 RMB cash at the post office. It was something like 199.40 after adding 2 or 3 things as kind of explained on the VAC fee page. So try out the possible combinations. It includes embassy fee and EMS fee for sending back. Pay at the bank by Union Pay or whatever and include the form as proof. VAC site has phone number to call if your wife wants to ask in Chinese or English to confirm the fee total and address stuff.
I am still confused. the PPR email did not mention any fees. so when and where should I pay for the fees? should I pay for the fee before sending out the passport? or the VAC will request the payment?

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
SkyOcean said:
I am still confused. the PPR email did not mention any fees. so when and where should I pay for the fees? should I pay for the fee before sending out the passport? or the VAC will request the payment?
PPR email gives you the website address of Beijing VAC where it says the fees. As I remember, my wife paid by Union Pay at her Chinese bank using the name and codes explained on the VAC website for mail-in. She included the form given to her at the bank as proof of payment. No extra return envelope needed. Pay cash at the post office just for the sending to Beijing VAC one way. The website has a phone number if still confused.

SkyOcean

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
smoothsailing said:
PPR email gives you the website address of Beijing VAC where it says the fees. As I remember, my wife paid by Union Pay at her Chinese bank using the name and codes explained on the VAC website for mail-in. She included the form given to her at the bank as proof of payment. No extra return envelope needed. Pay cash at the post office just for the sending to Beijing VAC one way. The website has a phone number if still confused.
thank you so much! I just called them they are closed for the weekend.

I am was just wondering if people don't go to VAC website and don't know anything about paying fees and sending out the passport, what will happen.. They should clearly states in the PPR that there is a fee to pay :)))

SkyOcean

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
smoothsailing said:
btw, I worked out a total of 199.8RMB? is that the right amount to pay?

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
SkyOcean said:
btw, I worked out a total of 199.8RMB? is that the right amount to pay?
Yes, I remember giving my wife 200 RMB (I was visiting her at the time) and joking to keep the change :D so it was very close to 200 RMB. Maybe they explained the fees better since January. Anyway if you send the wrong amount they ask for more or somehow give you a rebate.

SkyOcean

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
smoothsailing said:
Yes, I remember giving my wife 200 RMB (I was visiting her at the time) and joking to keep the change :D so it was very close to 200 RMB. Maybe they explained the fees better since January. Anyway if you send the wrong amount they ask for more or somehow give you a rebate.
Hahaha that was funny... thank you so much for all the info.

SkyOcean

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
smoothsailing said:
BTW, the Ecas still shows In Process. When will it change to DM? After the PR Visa is issued ?

Thanks

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
SkyOcean said:
BTW, the Ecas still shows In Process. When will it change to DM? After the PR Visa is issued ?

Thanks
Maybe in a day or two from now. It should happen before the PPR email but the PPR is the only important thing.

SkyOcean

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
smoothsailing said:
Maybe in a day or two from now. It should happen before the PPR email but the PPR is the only important thing.
Thanks a lot

Just to make sure, so my wife only need to send her passport, PPR email, Two Recent Photos,and the VAC service fee receipt to Beijing VAC, anything else?

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
SkyOcean said:
Thanks a lot

Just to make sure, so my wife only need to send her passport, PPR email, Two Recent Photos,and the VAC service fee receipt to Beijing VAC, anything else?
A separate piece of paper with her address in Chinese characters, and her phone number, in case the courier deliverer isn't good at reading English. Just to be safe. My wife's envelope arrived with her address in Chinese.

SkyOcean

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
smoothsailing said:
A separate piece of paper with her address in Chinese characters, and her phone number, in case the courier deliverer isn't good at reading English. Just to be safe. My wife's envelope arrived with her address in Chinese.
thanks so much ;D ;D ;D