+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong Stream A/B Permanent Residence Pathway

vincit25

Dec 19, 2023
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for people from Hong Kong who are applying for PR through the temporary policy, as I'm not able to find a lot of information about what happens after you submit the application.

For context, I have worked in Montreal for 22 months which qualifies me for Stream B under the recent change allowing people from Hong Kong with 1 year of work experience in Canada to apply for PR. I submitted my application on December 16th and I'm wondering about the following:
  1. How long do PR applications from HK usually take to approve? What is the process in between?
  2. Are we eligible for any bridging open work permits to work in Canada while we are waiting for the result?
  3. As I'm finishing my role in Montreal, do I need to find another way to stay in Canada while I'm waiting for the PR result or it's okay to work elsewhere and come back to Canada once I get approved?
As a note, I'm fully aware that I won't be able to live in Quebec under this pathway, which I'm fine with and have no intention of doing so.

Thanks a lot.

Darkrai21

Dec 19, 2023
Hello, can you leave a contact information. I have the some question for you. Instagram or wechat? I took the Stream A

sgurbir1983

Mar 20, 2024
Hi Vincit25.

I have submitted my application under the “Stream B for Hong Kong residents” on August 17, 2023, and there is no update till March 20th, 2024. Please let me know if you got any updates on your application

thanks,