+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong Application - Accepted but stuck on CiC process

JensonButton

Nov 14, 2013
Hey all.

I'm trying to help my friend out. She recently got 1 out of the 200(or 500?) spots to come to Canada as a visitor that's also eligible to work in Canada for the duration, if they wish. Shes currently in Hong Kong but has a British passport. She was conditionally accepted earlier this week and was told she needed to head to the CiC website to upload her supporting documents, like police checks and medical examinations etc.

Issue 1: She tried to book an medical examination date(IME?) with the registered doctors on the CiC site and they needed her to give them a specific number. I believe it's called the IME number and she hasn't received it yet. Both doctor offices shes called needed her to have that type of information(the IME number?) before they're able to do the medical examination. The staff in the Hong Kong office weren't helpful at all and the I can't seem to reach someone on the Canada side of the CiC line via telephone.

Is she suppose to receive the IME number(?) and would it be electronically or by mail? I've also heard they changed the Medical Examination process around too?

Issue 2: She needs to have a police check done on her, so they can issue a certificate for her but the HK Police stated that she would need a email or proof of mail that the Canadian consulate/immigrations is requesting it before they're able to issue that type of information. How would one do that?

Issue 3: She needs to fill out the IMM 5707E form and Section A states that they need her to disclose ALL of her family members but theirs no space for siblings. Is she filling out the correct form or where can she obtain the other form?

Will there be forms and other documents being mailed to her since shes been conditionally accepted or do they not mail you anything? She's not sure if she needs to wait for documents via mail to arrive from the immigrations department with all these information or if shes missing something.

If anyone has done this process before or have any insight on what to do or can help, it will be greatly appreciated! She's been stuck on these 3 issues for the past 48 hours and shes not sure how to continue with it. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks everyone!

clairebear87

Jun 2, 2014
Jenson, did you find out any more info?

I am in almost exactly the same position (except Irish) and no one seems to know ANYTHING about the online application. I can't even get a police cert because they said they (I quote) 'don't know where to send it' and then asked me, as if I'd know? I mean? At this rate I will never get any of the documents I need and I'll lose the visa because they don't know what they're doing.

I'm extremely stressed out, I'd appreciate it if you know anything or heard anything that could help me out :)

kewl

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh Online TRV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-04-2014
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2014 (Multiple)
LANDED..........
First landed in 09/2016. Visa Expired 11/2016. Reapplied with approved TRV valid until 2021
regarding police clearance in Hongkong..I found this info in CIC website

How to obtain a police certificate - Hong Kong
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes. However, the certificate will be released directly to the Canadian Consulate General. If the request is made by a CIC office in Canada or by another overseas visa office, the certificate will be released directly to that office.

How and where do I obtain one?

If you live in Hong Kong
You should apply for a Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (CNCC) in person. You will be required to provide:

your Hong Kong identity card or valid travel document
the original letter from the Canadian Consulate General requesting the certificate;
the original and a photocopy of the documents proving your relationship with the Principal Applicant for the visa application if the letter from the Canadian Consulate General does not contain your name (for dependents of the Principal Applicant only); and
the processing fees of 180$HK (Fees are subject to change)
Fingerprints will be taken at the time of application. Application forms and instructions can be downloaded from www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/08_forms/ and should be submitted to:

Certificate of No Criminal Conviction Office
14/F, Arsenal House
Police Headquarters
1 Arsenal Street
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Telephone: (852) 2860 6557
Fax: (852) 2200 4321
E-mail enquiries: eo-cncc-ib@police.gov.hk

Reactions: Colinkim