+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home vs mailing address for citizenship application

ctr

Jan 27, 2018
Hello, I'm planning to apply for citizenship next week. I will be moving after a month so I was thinking of adding a UPS mailbox address as a mailing address in the application.

My question is if for any reason the application is returned, will it be sent to the home address or mailing address? My concern is if the application is returned to the home address after I move, I won't have any way of knowing why it was returned.

ctr

Jan 27, 2018
Thanks for your reply. This issue is in the citizenship guide it is stated that Canada Post does not forward citizenship applications. This is what it states:

Note: Canada Post’s Mail Forwarding Service does not forward parcels and a citizenship application package is considered a parcel. If we need to return your application package to you because it is incomplete, the package will be returned to us instead of being forwarded to the address you have indicated with Canada Post. If your application package is returned to us by Canada Post, it will not be processed.

Hence I was looking at renting a mailbox for my mailing address but I'm not sure if they will return it to my mailing address or home address.

mr.accounters

Jan 28, 2015
You can always give a relative or a friend's address as mailing address. Probably easier to give address of references you're providing or the guarantor's address.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Thanks for your reply. This issue is in the citizenship guide it is stated that Canada Post does not forward citizenship applications. This is what it states:

Note: Canada Post’s Mail Forwarding Service does not forward parcels and a citizenship application package is considered a parcel. If we need to return your application package to you because it is incomplete, the package will be returned to us instead of being forwarded to the address you have indicated with Canada Post. If your application package is returned to us by Canada Post, it will not be processed.

Hence I was looking at renting a mailbox for my mailing address but I'm not sure if they will return it to my mailing address or home address.
Sorry for the confusion here.
Hope it goes well with your package.