+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Childcare Provider Pilot 2019

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
This public policy will facilitate the granting of permanent residence for caregivers who applied under the Home Child Care Provider Class or the Home Support Worker Class in 2020, but whose application was not entered into processing due to delays related to the COVID-19 pandemic.

what about those whose status are "in process"?
So I guess, it just means that you’re still in process. But those 2020 applicants will be in process too. Maybe that’s it. Nothing special. The word is FACILITATE or process. It doesn’t mean that NOW YOU WILL HAVE PR.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
I feel like the public policy is just for those inside Canada. Since they won't grant you PR if you're outside unless you complete the 2 years caregiver experience in Canada, right?

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
I feel like the public policy is just for those inside Canada. Since they won't grant you PR if you're outside unless you complete the 2 years caregiver experience in Canada, right?
I guess so. Because they mentioned before that there were applicants who completed their work experience already but because of Covid it was delayed. So I am not rejoicing yet, even if I am inside Canada. Because technically, you should be here in Canada for that public policy. And they used the word FACILITATE. If they didn’t use it and just say “we will GRANT PR to all the applicants”, then maybe it’s another story.

Reactions: ron4Canada

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
It's unclear to me as well, I think instead of open work permit, applicants under new pilot who have not received progress since they submitted applications in 2020 will be given PR?? Since there were applicants from 2019 new pilot they must be included to this since no decision made to their applications up to now???
I think the main issue here are applicants from 2020 who were not processed at all, no aor till 2021
Many 2019 applicants got aor, biometrics and even medicals passed.

Last edited:
Reactions: ron4Canada

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Parts of the policy talks about dependents in Canada already, maybe the policy is for applicants in Canada already, But there was no mention of the required 2years in Canada work experience..just candidates who "meet the eligibility"

Last edited:

canada2000

Oct 6, 2010
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As such, I hereby establish that, pursuant to my authority under section 25.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (the Act), there are sufficient public policy considerations that justify the granting of permanent resident status or an exemption from certain requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the Regulations), to foreign nationals who meet the eligibility criteria and conditions listed below.
To be noted: justify the granting of permanent resident status or an exemption from certain requirements

ron4Canada

Star Member
May 7, 2021
So it just means that the policy is only about “starting the processing”. All the 2019 applicants received a permanent AOR. The new public policy is nothing special. Otherwise, they will post a “step by step” on how to get the PR now.
you are right, thanks for the clarification

Reactions: RA2188

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
So it just means that the policy is only about “starting the processing”. All the 2019 applicants received a permanent AOR. The new public policy is nothing special. Otherwise, they will post a “step by step” on how to get the PR now.
Let's look at it this way: if youre inside Canada and you already completed your required 2years work experience, and you submitted your hccp/hswp 2nd stage application in 2020, then the next thing should be for ircc to grant your permanent residence, there's no need for a "special policy" right?
Again in Minister Mendicino's press release, he said there's no need to submit a seperate application, as long as you are eligible for the caregiver class you applied for.

Then theres this statement: "justify the granting of permanent resident status or an exemption from certain requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the Regulations), to foreign nationals who meet the eligibility criteria"

Last edited:

ProudNanny

Apr 11, 2021
Let's look at it this way: if youre inside Canada and you already completed your required 2years work experience, and you submitted your hccp/hswp 2nd stage application in 2020, then the next thing should be for ircc to grant your permanent residence, there's no need for a "special policy" right?
Again in Minister Mendocino's press release, he said there's no need to submit a seperate application, as long as you are eligible for the caregiver class you applied for.

Then theres this statement: "justify the granting of permanent resident status or an exemption from certain requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the Regulations), to foreign nationals who meet the eligibility criteria"
Yeah, what you said makes sense. That’s why I’m gonna call ircc this Monday to confirm about the “benefits” of that recent policy. Because it is UNCLEAR. What kind of FACILITATE do you mean? What kind of EXEMPTION do you mean.

if they just mean “they will ONLY START the processing process that was stopped during the covid”, then they just need to release a statement that “we apologize for the delay, we are now getting back to work”. So if that is what they only want to communicate, what the heck is their drama with that PUBLIC POLICY?Hahaha! I will know on Monday.

KylinZ

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Why do they always put the applicants mind in gray areas? Its very clear that they are the ones got delayed in processing, now releasing another sort of statement just to make look their taking action? The people now are after the result of what they should do for those pending applications and yet updates are still vague as of this moment.